FTTF/Embarkation check in times??

We are sailing on the vista in January and are still waiting for check in times to pop up for our sailing. FTTF just did so we went ahead and booked it, this is a first...we have never used it before.

So is it worth it?? And do we automatically get an early time to check in?? Just curious how this whole process will work??? Anyone??

TIA

You will still have to select a check-in time, but will be able to essentially ignore it. You will be allowed to check in whenever you arrive during any of the published time slots.

It looks like we're on your cruise. We're Platinum so don't need to purchase FTTF but we're traveling with our son and his family of 5. I was able to get FTTF for them tonight as a surprise gift. Excited.

Edited by old sole

You will board after weddings, diamonds and platinum guests. So you can get on early and your room will be ready. Have a great cruise.

Adding in...

If you arrive after boarding has started FTTF will give you expedited checkin and boarding. Each port is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will still have to select a check-in time, but will be able to essentially ignore it. You will be allowed to check in whenever you arrive during any of the published time slots.

It looks like we're on your cruise. We're Platinum so don't need to purchase FTTF but we're traveling with our son and his family of 5. I was able to get FTTF for them tonight as a surprise gift. Excited.

Yes! We are on the same sailing!! I am really excited but I am tired of checking for these staggered boarding times lol They said it would be available in May but its now June.... Thats why when I saw the FTTF on there last night I decided to try it. We are traveling in a group and some didnt want to do it so we will see who it works better for!

My biggest concern was if we needed to secure a 1030 check in time and what happened if we didnt.

On this - have read stories of the port people being very stringent about check-in times.

The "each port is different" makes me wonder how well versed they are.

ie. a 10:30 - 11 checkin time, but you show up at 11:15, or 10:15 with FTTF. From what I've read it could go either way.

Guess I'm of the mind that even though nothing will go wrong, I may as well spend the next 31 days worrying about it anyway! :confused:

I just picked up FTTF for our March 2017 Vista cruise. After I purchased it I noticed that it has a time of 12:00 to 1:00. Does that mean we can't get onboard before noon? If you can't get onboard before that then is FTTF worth it? Thanks for any help!

I just picked up FTTF for our March 2017 Vista cruise. After I purchased it I noticed that it has a time of 12:00 to 1:00. Does that mean we can't get onboard before noon? If you can't get onboard before that then is FTTF worth it? Thanks for any help!

I'm not positive about this but isn't normal boarding time 12?? And if they let you on early that just a bonus??

No, you board after diamonds, platinums and weddings, or whenever you feel like getting there if you want to get there later.