Pier 83 parking (NYC)

mraven

I've never parked there but can confirm it is outdoors, single level no structure.

I have walked from there to the pier many times for cruises after taking a City bus to the terminal there.

Make sure you enter from the 43rd Street entrance or you will miss the pier.

Isn't that pier setup for sightseeing cruises? Do they let you park there long term?

Yes, currently 185 for 7 days.

I've never parked there but can confirm it is outdoors, single level no structure.

I have walked from there to the pier many times for cruises after taking a City bus to the terminal there.

Make sure you enter from the 43rd Street entrance or you will miss the pier.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks, that sounded like good news to those not minding to walk a little bit.

Is that $185 all inclusive with NYC parking taxes @ 18%+ ... haven't park there in years but I seemed to recall, they also have a surcharge for oversized vehicle, i.e. SUV, mini-vans, XL pickups, etc. (a daily add-on of $5 to $10 can quickly add up)

Is there a new parking management system/vendor running things now ? Maybe they the terminal pier parking would now lower or discount the rates for others (GEM cruisers can use a coupon to lower the daily fees to $30, including all taxes & fees/surcharges)

Another indoor option is Park Right - Manhattan Cruise Parking

The cost is $175 (tax included) for up to 7 days and $230 (tax included) for up to 14 days.

They are located on 43rd Street between 11th & 12th and they valet you to the ship and reimburse you $5 for the cab fare back to the garage after the cruise.

I used them a couple of years ago. It was very convenient to walk to also.

If you want to park at the NYC cruise port, my daughter found a 25% off coupon. Not sure where, but you could look for one. We were going to park there, but decided to have her pick us up instead.

There is a 25% discount coupon for the GEM summer sailing right on the ports web site under parking.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

OP reporting back. We used the Pier 83 parking last week. It was indoors, but I guess you could be put on the upper level and be outdoors. Price was 185 for 7 days, all-inclusive. We booked with bestparking. No charge for oversized vehicles. Very short walk to cruise terminal.

When I checked that Park Rite location on June 3, it was 273 for 7 days.

Edited by mraven

OP reporting back. We used the Pier 83 parking last week. It was indoors, but I guess you could be put on the upper level and be outdoors. Price was 185 for 7 days, all-inclusive. We booked with bestparking. No charge for oversized vehicles. Very short walk to cruise terminal.

When I checked that Park Rite location on June 3, it was 273 for 7 days.

That's a great price. Thanks for reporting back.