Obstructed cabins deck 9 on Majesty

Can anyone that has just been on Majesty tell me how obstructed the view is from cabins on deck 9 on Majesty?

Normally our group sailed on Enchantment and we all had balcony cabins. This is a yearly quick get away for us and we always use PC. Everyone has booked the cabins on deck 9 starboard side, but there has been some buzz from a few about the lack of amenities that were on Enchantment.

I did read one posting that indicated they had a good cruise recently on Majesty.

Just hoping the life boats are not what you see when you look out the window.

thanks to anyone who can provide this info:)

V

In the diagram below, the dots show the least obstructed balconies on deck 8. These are the openings between the lifeboats. Even though the stateroom numbers may be different on deck 9, you might be able to use this a guide to pick a minimally obstructed stateroom location.

Majesty_Deck_8_Unobstructed.jpg

In the diagram below, the dots show the least obstructed balconies on deck 8. These are the openings between the lifeboats. Even though the stateroom numbers may be different on deck 9, you might be able to use this a guide to pick a minimally obstructed stateroom location.

Since Majesty has swapped locations with Enchantment that's great information. I copied it out as an image to my CPU for future use. :D

Thanks so much.

Can anyone that has just been on Majesty tell me how obstructed the view is from cabins on deck 9 on Majesty?

Normally our group sailed on Enchantment and we all had balcony cabins. This is a yearly quick get away for us and we always use PC. Everyone has booked the cabins on deck 9 starboard side, but there has been some buzz from a few about the lack of amenities that were on Enchantment.

I did read one posting that indicated they had a good cruise recently on Majesty.

Just hoping the life boats are not what you see when you look out the window.

thanks to anyone who can provide this info:)

V

We have sailed on Her Majesty plenty of times and our preferred cabin is 9070. Looking out the window, below is the top of the lifeboats but looking straight out is just fine. For us it happens to be on the same deck as the gym and easy walking up and down to other things that we take advantage of in the evening. It is considered the SOV, Superior Oceanview cabin classification.

I just booked one of these obstructed view cabins not 5 minutes ago. I figure it'll be fine, we'll be out and about most of the time. I wish I'd seen that graphic before I booked, but no harm, I am happy I'm up front.

As Bob (clarea) mentioned -- the obstruction is the lifeboat or it's hanging frame, preventing you from seeing straight down.

I had cabin 9048 and wasn't bothered by it at all. Some are totally blocked and some have this and some are in between the lifeboats so you get the more 'open' view.

Pic of cabin

flfqmx.jpg

Pic of the lifeboat obstruction (sitting on the window ledge)

156cpww.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by jaspercat

Since Majesty has swapped locations with Enchantment that's great information. I copied it out as an image to my CPU for future use. :D

Thanks so much.

You're welcome.

• 1 year later...

Majesty_Deck_8_Unobstructed.jpg

Bob-Planning a cruise on the Majesty from Tampa, and just found this old post. The diagram does not display. Would it be possible to repost the diagram. Appreciate your assistance with this and thank you for all the excellent information provided on Cruise Critic.

Trip Hughes

Sarasota, Fl.

Bob-Planning a cruise on the Majesty from Tampa, and just found this old post. The diagram does not display. Would it be possible to repost the diagram. Appreciate your assistance with this and thank you for all the excellent information provided on Cruise Critic.

Trip Hughes

Sarasota, Fl.

See the attached file.

MJ Deck 8 Least Obstructed.pdf

Is there possibly a diagram for Deck 9? Thanks.

Haven't seen one, but you should be able to use one of those websites that let you paste one deck on top of another and get the info by looking at the deck 8 diagram.

Just returned from the Majesty of the Seas and was on Deck 9. Looking out from the cabin window the lifeboats are barely visible. I was in several of the cabins and little difference from one to another. I will say do not even consider any other deck outside of Deck 10 suites. Cabins on 9 are similar size to the average cabin on one of the newer ships just without the balcony. Enjoy

Thank you for asking about these cabins, Venicia. I asked on the cabin thread several days ago with only a couple of responses that said to go for it. So I did! Enjoy!

I booked portside. Is there a preference between starboard and portside?