"Bump Out"

Layla

I have seen references to "bump out" sections. What exactly is a "bump out." I really enjoyl earning all this new information. These boards are great!

Yours in Cruising, Layla

Can you use the phrase in context?

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

If you are referring to the word "bump" or "bump up" it commonly is used to "bump" or move the post back to the 1st page to keep the post alive. Hope that make sense!?!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

I think the poster is referring to a section of the ship that protrudes... like the extra wide balconies on some ships on some decks.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Perhaps there is a more appropriate term, but I believe the poster is referring to the section of ships like the Coral that sticks out further than the rest of the deck. My daughter was luck enough to get the end mini-suite on a "bumpout" on the Coral and loved the view.

I've sorta picked up that it means the balcony cabins that extend out further than the other cabins, as dorotha mentioned. They sorta do "bump out" further than those above them, so they get some sunshine and aren't completely covered by the cabin above them. They also make great target practice for water balloons!! Oh wait... disregard that last comment. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Caribbean Princess - 4/2004

Dawn Princess - 12/2003

Sea Princess - 12/2000

Emerald Seas - 7/1984

I have used that term and read it in regards to either the Coral or the Island Princess. If you look at their deck plans you will see on the Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks the 3 "Bump-outs" forward, mid and aft on both sides of the ship. We were in a Baja Mid Bump Out and it was great!

Vicki

12/26/04 Caribbean Princess to Eastern Caribbean

Princess Star 8/03 Alaska

Princess Coral 3/03 Panama

Disney's Wonder 12/01 Bahama's

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean

Most people use the bump-out term when referring to those cabins that appear farther out. Actually, they are not bumped out at all. They are even with the side of the ship. It's the OTHER cabins that are recessed that give the profile its look. However, there's no way to re-educate people to refer to those other cabins as recessed. The horse is long out of the barn! icon_smile.gif

'Vegas Jim

We were on the middle bump out on the Island, and loved it! We were on Aloha, and while our deck was not any larger than "normal", we thought that the recessed areas looked ~very~ far set back, and I think I would have hated how dark they seemed. No sun at all, except at sunrise.set (but then again I never actually was on one of those).

The bump outs are where the elevator banls are, which I love being close to. Great location!

Casey

We've booked Dolphin minisuite D504 for our upcoming Coral cruise. Can anyone tell me if this will be a good cabin in regards to the "bump out"? Also does anyone know about the balcony cover on this cabin? Thanks.

All of the Dolphin deck balconies are in a "straight" line with no bump outs.

Vicki

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sunnyv:

All of the Dolphin deck balconies are in a "straight" line with no bump outs.

Vicki

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True but the dolphin deck balconies on the bump out section are covered. So there is a difference.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpierce78@aol.com:

We've booked Dolphin minisuite D504 for our upcoming Coral cruise. Can anyone tell me if this will be a good cabin in regards to the "bump out"? Also does anyone know about the balcony cover on this cabin? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some great pictures of your cabins balcony (actually it's the starboard side) but they'll look the same! Yes, it is covered (I can't tell if it is completely or just mostly)& is in an excellent location. I took a lot of pictures of my room A503 on the bumpout and the rest of the bumpouts (along with most other balconies) are also in the pics. Hopefully I'll have the pictures up by tonight. (with a 1 year old & 3 year old time is hard to come by.)

Thanks to all of you for your comments. The bump out I was referring to was regarding staterooms. This clears up a lot. Now I'll know what to look for. icon_smile.gif

Yours in Cruising, Layla

Archived