Shuttle at Fairbanks Princess Lodge

adstz

I understand there is a shuttle that will take you into town from the lodge.

Where does it go? How much? How often?

Are there any good restaurants near where they drop you off?

Thanks for the info.

We got to the lodge too late to do anything other than go to bed--and then the next day was full with our riverboat/gold dredge excursion. The restaurants at the lodge were fairly reasonably priced and the food was very good.

I was there in May and I recall they had a shuttle that went downtown for $5.00. As was previously posted there is not much time for it as the activities keep you really busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a shuttle, $5 pp. It goes to downtown, and stops also at Walmart. I kid you not - downtown and Walmart. No booze is sold at that Walmart BTY (I live in Vegas).

As far as restaurants right around the corner from the hotel is the Pike's Landing restaurant. Mid priced. We walked over and enjoyed a seafood platter and good beer. They have a patio overlooking the river. It was busy with locals the night we were there.

Hope that helps.

I live in Fairbanks and have been here since 2010. My Absolute FAVORITE restaurant in town in the Pump House. They have AMAZING bread bowls which is fantastic. The cookie Jar is also the name of another restaurant in town that is a massive breakfast/brunch place. You will not find "chain" restaurants. There was a Chili's, but it closed down about 3 years ago. It cost too much money for franchised places to import particular foods, so there are a ton of local places to eat.