Alaskan land tour and cruise!

cruisingkris01

Hi there. My mom and I are going on our first cruise, to Alaska, next month along with some seasoned cruisers, my aunt and second cousins. It's a 4 day land tour and then 7 day cruise. My question is about the land tour. We'll be staying in Fairbanks and Denali for 4 days. I've been told to pack everything I need in my carry on but there's no way I can do that. There's a few things that I need to pack in my checked luggage. Plus, since it's Alaska, I'm not packing shorts and tank tops so stuff is taking up more room. Will I have access to both my carry on and checked bags on the land tour or do they hold your checked bag? We'll definitely need to have both pieces of luggage with us. Thank you! Kristine

The way it works is this - each piece of luggage will get a tag - some will say "meet you at the ship" or something similar - that bag will travel with your tour but will not be taken to your room each night. Any bags that you want in your tour hotel room each night will have a different type of tag.

We just returned from a post cruise tour and we each had 1 carryon and 1 bag delivered each night. Also have a small backpack or similar for on the bus/train etc. This would be for hats, gloves, meds, snacks you might need during your travel day.