Check your sail and sign card

PegNRay

Just recently off the Pearl and had the UBP. I was given the wrong sail and sign card back after ordering a drink. The waiter asked me to sign for the drink at which point I saw that the card was not mine. His supervisor went to guest services to get me a new card. I did notice that sometimes when the waiters hand back your card they call you by name some of the time. If they did this all the time I think it would help to avoid mixups.

I was on the Pearl a couple of months ago. They tried to give us someone else's key cards when we first checked in at the Port of Miami. I joked with the clerk that I'd be more than happy to take the cards if we were going to get a cabin upgrade. He didn't get it, even after I pointed out that we weren't Mr. and Mrs. ___. He got all flustered, and insisted that "someone" must have put their cards in our file (um, obviously). We had to wait until he could get new cards printed up. Moral of the story is, always check your key card.

Fully agree with the "check your card" advice. I did a semi-b2b on the Pearl and jewel a couple months ago (one day in between) and both times I noticed no UBP on my card. Apparently the NCLer keying in my info after I booked forgot to put down UBP. I immediately went to guest services and told them--and of course I had the documents showing I had the amenity.

On the Pearl they said they'd need approval from Miami before they could give me a new card, but meantime don't hesitate to sign for drinks because it would be corrected. The new card was waiting for me after muster. I had signed for a drink earlier, and I noticed it came of the account immediately.

On the Jewel a guy at the guest services desk said he'd key in the information, and he was able to give me a new card right away.

So be aware that people make mistakes and do what you can to make sure they got (or get) it right.