Princess Excursions On Sale

beg3yrs

I don`t really think it`s fair for people who book the tours early then, if they don`t notice the sale, have people with them who have paid less. There should be a price match for them.

It's the same with cruise fares. If there's a better offer after you book, it's on you (or your observant TA) to get the better deal.

Airfares are another example. Most reasonable fares today are non-refundable and change fees are ridiculous. If a better fare is offered after you purchase a ticket, you're pretty much out of luck.

Not saying it is fair or not, just observing similar things are done elsewhere.

I think Princess is feeling the effects of people opting to use other tour options which are more cost effective. Lower their profit margin by 10% might sway folks to stay with the "safe, no worries about the ship leaving without them" option of using their excursions.

We booked our excursions early for the upcoming Baltic and the BTB voyage British Isles and transatlantic to NY. Our practice is to frequently monitor our booked voyages to see fare changes, open cabins, etc. and would have seen the tour prices reduction.......however, Cruise Critic beat us. Thanks to the OP for posting this thread. Like others stated above it only took a few minutes for us to save over $200 which will probably be spent on the ship anyway.

Our travel partners have been notified and they also make the rebooking so maybe they should buy us the first Foo-Foo!

Thanks for the heads up. Cancelled and rebooked excursions and have saved 60 usd. Also noticed that airfares had gone down which we had booked with Princess and as they were flexible fares was able to save us over £200. Thanks again.

Betty

In fact, I just looked: I booked 3 excursions through Princess- Two of them went up in price since I reserved them. One that I reserved for $49.95 per person is now $59.95 pp and the other which was $139.95 pp is now wait listed for $169.95 pp.