Specialty Restaurant Debate

It has been over a year since we cruised on FOTS. However, we found Chops to be better than Giovanni's on FOTS. I didn't find Giovanni's to be any better than a chain outfit like Macaroni Grill.

It's funny how we're all different. We have friends who have been on 20 different RC cruises. When they found out we were going on FOTS, they insisted we eat at GT, said it was the best food/dining experience they've ever had on any of the ships.

Hopefully, they'll be at their best when we're there!

I would avoid Chops. The steak is decent, but the shrimp cocktail is highly disappointing. I like my shrimp cocktail crunchy and sweet. The ones served at Chops is chewy and has minimal flavor.

Sabor is excellent. Izumi is good too if you stay with sushi and hot stone. Didn't try Giovanni's so can't comment.

Edited by PCHENG

It's funny how we're all different. We have friends who have been on 20 different RC cruises. When they found out we were going on FOTS, they insisted we eat at GT, said it was the best food/dining experience they've ever had on any of the ships.

Hopefully, they'll be at their best when we're there!

I agree with your friends. Chops will never get another dime from me. GT was one of the best meals Ive ever had. I did not get to try Sabor.

I think Giovanni's is the best. If you do choose to go there and you like seafood, be sure to try the scallop and the crab ravioli appetizers/starters. Next time I go I am going to order both of these and maybe a small salad as my meal! Both dishes were really good. :)

Hitting FOTS in a couple of weeks, and we are typically "why spend more for food when food is already included" type of people. But, we have some onboard credit, so we thought we would try one of the specialty restaurants. We are leaning towards Giovanni's Table, since some RC fanatic friends of ours say GT served them the best steak they've ever had (including Chops), and I like GT's format of serving.

Feel free to talk us out of it - what are your faves (of the restaurants we would find on FOTS).

Thanks

Try both. (Chops and GT)

Regardless of what anyone tells you (including me) in the end only YOU will know which one you like best.

My personal opinion Chops Upcharge Steak > GT Steak (I've had both) but both are good and worth having. :)