7 months till cruise but am waitlisted for Late Dining

shellysh

I would appreciate any advice in getting late dining on my cruise. I booked it 8 months out and could only get your time dining. I don't understand how late dining is already fully booked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know for sure but I would think you will get what you want. We are going in a couple of weeks on the Vista and when I booked I was surprised to be wait listed. After a couple of weeks, I saw that we got our dining time and that was months before we left.

We were on the 5/24 sailing and chose Anytime dining. Because of the variation of the port times on this port-intensive cruise, we liked having the flexibility of being able to dine in Horizons on deck 3 any time between 5:30 and 9:30pm. Anytime diners were asked to go first each evening to Deck 5 (Blue Java cafe) to check in and get a ticket to take to the Horizons dining room for seating. Not sure why that was necessary, except possibly it kept the lines short outside the dining room. There were two lines outside the Horizon - one for ticket holders, and one for those without tickets. We were able to request (and receive) window seating every evening, which was nice as we were leaving port every evening as we were dining. Anytime Dining also gave us the opportunity to meet new families every night, and exchange stories about the day's adventures and next day's plans.

I would appreciate any advice in getting late dining on my cruise. I booked it 8 months out and could only get your time dining. I don't understand how late dining is already fully booked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I can see this as a way to force more people into Your Time Dining as the larger rear dining room is YTD while in the Med.. Dennis

I can see this as a way to force more people into Your Time Dining as the larger rear dining room is YTD while in the Med.. Dennis

Carnival can shift dining areas around and it would be possible to have both assigned and YTD in the aft dining room. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this once Vista is in the US.

We are on the Vista 9 July sailing and we booked in October and I have just found out that they have put us on the 6.15pm sitting ! I'm not happy as we wanted anytime as some days we don't get back to the ship till 5 pm or later ! I've been told we are on a wait list for anytime ! I don't eat at 6 pm at home not a good start to our first cruise !

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Vista 9 July sailing and we booked in October and I have just found out that they have put us on the 6.15pm sitting ! I'm not happy as we wanted anytime as some days we don't get back to the ship till 5 pm or later ! I've been told we are on a wait list for anytime ! I don't eat at 6 pm at home not a good start to our first cruise !

That's a bummer. Maybe you'll be able to change your dining time once onboard. If not, there are always other places for you to get food if you aren't yet hungry by 6pm. On the other hand, maybe with all the walking you do on excursions, you'll find yourself super hungry by 6 and grateful for the early dining. You never know. Either way, try not to let it ruin your vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

We all booked in Jan-so months ou for end of July Alaska Carbnval cruise. All family members waitlisted for early dining. In April ours was confirmed (after final deposits due for cruise, we are also Platinum.)

Our family members linked our reservation that a purchased FTTF still waitlisted.

Hope all our sign n'sail say same time & table at check in.

Really don't desire to. Stand in maitre'd line-

I read someone said cash helps - kind of reminds me of Vegas vacation & Clark Griswald tipping for the Wanye Newton show- in change. 😉

As others have said, wait til a few days after final payment. As cancellations are processed, people move off of the wait lists. If you have a PVP, call him or her and ask him to check for you regularly.

As last resort, once you are on the ship you can stand in line and speak to the Maitre D'. We've done this twice and received our requests both times.