Any recent travelers on the breakaway?

frostrambler

Going to be on the Breakaway on Friday for 9 days, however I booked late, last week, and noticed that I can't sign up for any shows except burn the floor and cirque. I was able to get rock of ages earlier as an option, but it's gone now, does this mean that all the shows are booked and I can't see any? I really wanted to try second city and dueling pianos, is there standby? I'm sailing solo, how does it work?

Also I've read that the ship gets super crowded and all chairs on pool deck are reserved in the early morning. Is it really that hard to get a chair in the shade for just one person?

Book your shows and dinner reservations as soon as you board. You can use any of the touch screens in the public areas, your stateroom TV, or the iConcierge app on your cell phone. I would never bother waiting for the box office to open. Seats are held for on-board bookings, but will also sell out eventually.

There are ample loungers around the ship,,, but not necessarily pool-side. You always see complaints,,, but even if they were to put a pool in that stretched the length of the ship, you couldn't get 4000 loungers "pool side".

Was on BA to Bermuda last month ;) Yes, ship seemed crowded around the pool area, especially on sea days & sun was out ... it is a busy time of the year & expect lots of "kids" everywhere. Try H2O deck 16 AFT, it's adult only during the day as there are loungers there - if still not good, walk toward the front on same deck to look for a chair, then go FWD as there are sections for all, next to Haven only area. Uptown Grill was still open & lots of people discovered it nowadays for food, easier than going down 1 deck to Garden Cafe for the buffet Also, try the Waterfront deck 8 as there are loungers & jumbo sofa, soft & comfortable in the shades to sit back & enjoy the ocean.

Download the free iConicerge App to your smartphone before leaving home, the ship's WiFi inTRAnet signal can be picked up inside Pier 88 while you wait, after checking-in - register & activate it quickly (only need your name, stateroom & DOB info) as you can use it while still in the terminal building to check for dining & shows availability ... find/grab one of the Freestyle Dailies floating around to read & look for any specials.

Meanwhile, check back by midweek as some of the blocked seating/slots for dinner & shows might be opening up, up to 24 hours before embarkation as it's then locked down with no user access - be sure to complete your online check-in & print out your eDoc (really only need page 1 with Reservation # to show to security & get thru to the counter agent for finishing up the registration to be issued your Guest Key Card).

For shows, as a solo, try the "Standby" line at the door, show up 15 minutes earlier if you have no luck trying to book it ahead of time - most of them are repeated during the week. Singing duo in the atrium lobby are excellent, we always find chairs by the internet cafe off to starboard side to sit & enjoy even when there's a crowd around - they also perform tributes in the Spiegel Tent.

Happy cruising & enjoy !

Just got off the Breakaway on Sunday. I had made show reservations for Rock of Ages online but when we got the dailies there was something else we wanted to do. I went to the box office on a Tuesday afternoon and was able to switch my reservation for another night. We were a party of four. While I was there I was also able to snag the last 4 seats to Second City. I am not saying that you will always get seats by going to box office but there is a good chance. Also for both Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages all standbys got in. We did not have reservations for Dueling Pianos, just walked in and there was plenty of seats when show started.

As far as getting a lounge chair if you look hard enough you should be able to get one especially being a solo. On Port days you will have your pick.

Enjoy, we had a great time and wish we were still cruising.