Victory Extended AFT location advise

Cruiser_Bell

Hi all. I am looking to book an extended AFT on Carnival Victory. They have deck 6 and 8 available. I was hoping I could get some advise on the pro/cons for 6 vs 8. It seems that 6 is above the lounge so there may be a noise issue. The 8 is below the pool area so I'm worried about a privacy issue of people looking over the side. Is there even any privacy on these balconies on any deck? It looks like the way the ship is shaped that 7 sticks out further than 8 and 6 sticks out further than 7 so do the people above you have full view of your balcony? Thanks so much for your advise!

I'll be watching this thread too ~ we are booked on the Victory in January 2017 in a aft balcony. Have never been in a cabin at the back of the ship but one of my favorite things to do is go to the back and watch the beautiful Caribbean waters churn into themselves so think this could be a great cabin location.

Edited by vadersprincess12

We are booked in 7431 in October 2016 and from what I have found in reviews is that people above you can look down into a portion of the balcony, but it did not bother them at all. It's our first cruise so I hope it all goes ok. Good luck on yours and happy sailing.

Stayed in an aft extended on the Sensation a few years ago and we are hooked. Book this location when ever we can now. We love the view and the location of these cabins.

Sailed Victory in normal balcony a few weeks ago due to budget constraint at the time we booked and it was nice for an older ship. However just booked the Victory for Dec. and will be in a 9C (aft wrap) balcony. Can not wait to see the view.

I also might add that hubby and I tend to use the balcony a lot. We have breakfast and lunch room service there as well as spend several hours after dinner/shows in the pm with a glass of wine talking and staring at the stars. Also spend time there on sea day reading and relaxing when we need a respite from the crowds. For us a balcony is worth it since we use it more than we use the room itself. If there was a way to comfortably sleep out there we would. LOL

I'll be staying in that same cabin at the end of August!

I just saw this on the other thread. Hope you are able to get some pictures of it, or at the least let us and big guy know if it has been updated. Have a wonderful trip!! I am so excited, we booked clear back in January, and are now down to double digits!!!

I am an aft balcony snob, I book them whenever I can and the budget allows. I will admit that I prefer to book cabins that are on floors between other cabins, but I did stay in a cabin under Lido on the Liberty. I was worried about the possibility of noise, but we never heard any.

As far as privacy, if you stand at the railing of your balcony than yes, people above will see you. But if you're sitting on the loungers facing the railing all they may see will be your feet. I've never had an issue with it.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely fell in love with the Aft-Balcony!!! As of now, 7433 has not been updated, but I still loved it! The balconys on the back are slanted.... Could only see in someones balcony if they were standing at the rail.... privacy not a real issue. However, one word of advice and not leave anything on the balcony. Our neighbor was able to reach around the divider and take one of our chairs! They had 3 people and we only had 2 so wasn't upset with that, more upset that it was possible for them to do it! Was very quiet in room.... And no 7 doesn't stick out farther than the rest.

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

room8.jpg

We had an extended aft balcony (Deck 8) on the Triumph (same layout as Victory).

There is little privacy due to the seating area on lido directly above. Also, chair scraping on the deck noises at all hours of the early morning due to them rearranging the deck chairs above. As well as cooking smells from the food stations.

I would definitely choose Deck 7 if I had it to do all over again.

That's how I remember it to.( December 26,2015) Was a great room. #7431 and our son was next door. That divider door opens. It was not upgraded. Old TV , some tile issues in shower. However, no noise problems and as for people see into the balcony area, Yes they can, but there was never anyone out on their balconies. Never saw our neighbors. Was a good spot for making Sun Tea when in port. Does get pretty hot even in December. It's only one deck up to food, pools and the ice cream machine. Very good location.... Have a aft-balcony booked for June 2017 on the Magic #9478. Enjoy.