Our trip on the Dawn 6/17

leekel619

Great pictures!

I second that! Thanks for sharing all of your great photos. I love what I see - and I think she looks beautiful. I'm somewhat disappointed that we lost a traditional bar area to Cellars, but maybe that comes from my Escape perspective - where it felt like underutilized space. I could see it taking on a different life on the Dawn.

Again - thanks for taking the time to share with us. :)

Great review!

OH NO! We have the same cabin in February!!

The reviews I have read have been 50/50 on noise levels since they put the night club underneath. I think I will be calling NCL and seeing what I can change into or maybe try my luck after final payment, maybe a higher aft cabin will open.

Did the earplugs not help? I had them on my packing list already.

Great review!

OH NO! We have the same cabin in February!!

The reviews I have read have been 50/50 on noise levels since they put the night club underneath. I think I will be calling NCL and seeing what I can change into or maybe try my luck after final payment, maybe a higher aft cabin will open.

Did the earplugs not help? I had them on my packing list already.

I would do every thing in my power to change rooms. Believe me. I would assume the aft facing balconies on 9 and 10 are booked already. Check.

I just didn't use the ear plugs. They probably would have helped. Bring them. I was ok if I went to sleep before they started. It gets bad after 11.

I just accepted it because I had no other choice. But it S#€KED.

Maybe a lot of young people won't be onboard at that time. They're the ones who stay up til 3AM. If they aren't in there maybe it will shut down earlier.

No matter how hard I try to play it down in my mind to not sound like I'm complaining...I get *shivers*

Change. At the least please let me know how it was when you get back.

We'll probably lose each other. [emoji52] so Ill never know.

I second that! Thanks for sharing all of your great photos. I love what I see - and I think she looks beautiful. I'm somewhat disappointed that we lost a traditional bar area to Cellars, but maybe that comes from my Escape perspective - where it felt like underutilized space. I could see it taking on a different life on the Dawn.

Again - thanks for taking the time to share with us. :)

I loved Pearly Kings. But it wasn't set up for what they did in there.

Now trivia is in Bliss. It's different. A lot of interactive TV stuff. Fun.

Karaoke was in Bliss. I never went but saw it on the schedule.

They did do crafts in the wine bar. Before it opened each day. We tried origami one afternoon. What a nightmare.

The big sports bar and gathering spot that it sounds like you enjoyed is now in O'Sheehan's. Big bar. TV's everywhere. Loud. Lots of seating. Lots of activity. Music from Atrium. (Hope you like it [emoji10]) Pub food.

Matter of fact July 1st they were getting their own regular O'Sheehan's menu that is apparently fleet wide.

On our trip they were still using the old limited Blue Lagoon menu. (Suddenly I feel like that wasn't the name of the place. It was, right? How easy I forget. [emoji1354])

I really like the wine bar. I saw in another thread Michael Mondavi was recently on Escape. Doing wine tastings too. Actually I saw the photos on Instagram.

In the photos I saw the same art work on the wall. Some odd thing with strangely shaped wine labels or something.

The Cellar Master on our trip was telling us it's a Mondavi bar. Or he sponsors it or something. I was half listening. I was more caught up in being on a ship having a glass of wine.

Edited by leekel619

Reading through these review threads make me glad that we are sailing 15 July and skipped the earlier cruises. I'm hoping after a month most of the glitches such as the plumbing issues are ironed out.

I hope you're right & they do get the plumbing squared away but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They couldn't fix it while they had her in drydock. IMHO, we're going to have to live with it as long as we continue to cruise on Dawn!

Did they have any upcharge dishes in the main dining room? If they do can you use your SDP to pay for them.

They did! There were three upcharge items. Lobster, rib eye (bone in?), & I think the third was surf & turf. I remember checking the menu Saturday & getting very excited when I saw the rib eye......... Never noticed the prices until we sat down to dinner that night!! :o

I don't remember the cost but I think they were all over $25. I absolutely refuse to pay an upcharge in the MDR so I don't know if they were any good.

• 4 weeks later...
It was 8676. Aft facing balcony. We always book deck 10 back there. (We have change issues [emoji10])

But none were available after our original booking was cancelled for dry dock. And in a panic mode we took it.

The 'change' issue made us stay in Aft-facing. We didn't even question it. In the back of my mind I see my TA emailing me that it can be very loud with the nightclub below. I was like: who cares we'll take it.

Don't ever book that one.

I have to remind her to never book another client in there or they'll hate her. [emoji52][emoji1306]

The suite beside us was just as bad. Our neighbor said they were up all night also. Every night.

I'm sure all 4 rooms on Deck 8 Aft-facing are sleep and peace robbers.

The only relief was White Hot Night. It was out on the pool deck.

All quiet below.

But a loud thunderstorm rolled in and guess what. The party moved in to Bliss late night.

Oh well. They all had fun I'm sure.

I should have stormed down there with my hands on my hips and told them to turn that $h@t down before I call the cops! [emoji19]

I really thought about it.

Oh no that's my number!!!! Thank goodness you posted this I'm booking tomorrow and there was no mention of this at all.

I have a 4 yr old going and I would have thrown myself off the balcony if I couldn't sleep at night!

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
I would do every thing in my power to change rooms. Believe me. I would assume the aft facing balconies on 9 and 10 are booked already. Check.

I just didn't use the ear plugs. They probably would have helped. Bring them. I was ok if I went to sleep before they started. It gets bad after 11.

I just accepted it because I had no other choice. But it S#€KED.

Maybe a lot of young people won't be onboard at that time. They're the ones who stay up til 3AM. If they aren't in there maybe it will shut down earlier.

No matter how hard I try to play it down in my mind to not sound like I'm complaining...I get *shivers*

Change. At the least please let me know how it was when you get back.

We'll probably lose each other. [emoji52] so Ill never know.

Just an update!! hallelujah!!!! We did an upsell to a forward penthouse with large balcony yesterday!!! I hated to spend the extra money but I am sooooo happy we will not have the nightclub under us. I learned a valuable leason on that one! Thanks for the heads up!

We board Feb, 5.

I would love to see snow, we have had a very cold last month. 12-30 below and when it gets over 0 it goes to 34 with rain!! Ugh!! So now we are a frozen tundra of ice!!

Thanks for your wonderful review! Have you seen the review of the Dawn from the dougout,

If not you need too, it is amazing!

Great review, leekel619.

You gave us a lot of information in a light hearted way - love your little comments.

We are getting off the Dawn when you get on. Doing the repositioning from New Orleans to Boston. Looking so forward to it.

Happy sailing.

Ellen

Great review, leekel619.

You gave us a lot of information in a light hearted way - love your little comments.

We are getting off the Dawn when you get on. Doing the repositioning from New Orleans to Boston. Looking so forward to it.

Happy sailing.

Ellen

Thank you! We excited to board in May! Back to our favorite cabin

We board Feb, 5.

I would love to see snow, we have had a very cold last month. 12-30 below and when it gets over 0 it goes to 34 with rain!! Ugh!! So now we are a frozen tundra of ice!!

Thanks for your wonderful review! Have you seen the review of the Dawn from the dougout,

If not you need too, it is amazing!

I did check out his review [emoji1303]

Ice is bad! Any power outages? Broken trees? We get our share of that also.