Summit is it a good ship for teenage boys?

14cruisegirl

Ohhhhh!! Scrabble for the adults. LOL!!!! :D Love it! Might require too much thinking whilst on vacay mode, though. We will go with the flow. See you on the boat!

Lol! And I was thinking I wouldn't do well against a teacher. Maybe we could make it a drinking game. Shots for double word scores? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going back and forth between the Summit and the ncl breakaway. I really want to try Celebrity with boys but am not knowing what to expect, any advice would be really appreciated,thanks!

My answer would be Anthem of the Seas which is is neither NCL or Celebrity.

I am going back and forth between the Summit and the ncl breakaway. I really want to try Celebrity with boys but am not knowing what to expect, any advice would be really appreciated,thanks!

To be honest, when I was doing my research for our family with teens, then NCL Breakaway scored more check marks than the Summit did. It certainly had a lot more activities available than the Summit does for teens. Cruise Critic does a fabulous review on both the ships. In the end, I know the personalities of my kids, their likes and dislikes, in addition to that of myself and my hubby and made the choice for the Summit. This IS a FAMILY vacation, after all and not just my kids'. :)

It helped that there was a great price for the Summit during my toggling back and forth, being wishy-washy, plus some people on the Summit Forum board talked about chatting up the Breakaway guests in Bermuda who wished they had booked the Summit instead (crowd situations etc.) and I have a perhaps unreasonable fear of MEGA ships (crowds, heights, center of gravity, etc. LOL) ...so, Summit, here we come!

You know your family best. I am sure whatever choice you make after reading advice from seasoned travelers here, will be just right for your family. Have a great trip!:)

You will be fine. My kids love celebrity but are younger. But I know several families traveling with kids 1st grade through around 9th. They all enjoyed it. The summit in the summer will have a few hundred kids. Not nearly as much as NCL but 300-500 vs 1500 there will still be tons of kids.

Well, if they get Capt. Kate on the Summit she's a hottie, so there's always that.

I have been on the Summit 3 times in the last 6 years, 17 Night Panama Canal with the Infinity in Sept 2015.

The Summit is not for teens, stick with the Breakaway.

26983129662_370da4e76e_b.jpg

26827179390_72c018c8ba_b.jpg

28357112232_c86b778352_b.jpg

28152981480_7b19cf9553_b.jpg

CaptDave

We have sailed on the Summit several times to Bermuda and have always enjoyed it. This year we are bringing our children and 4 grand kids ages 7-15.

Why did we chose this ship because we are paying for it and a friend stated how fantastic it was that she was on the Breakaway with 1,400 kids. (that is not fantastic) You may be a wonderful parent and have control over your children but many children are unsupervised running through hallways, stairs and pushing every button on the elevator for fun.

The ship provides camp for the younger ones and teen programs. Most of the children seem happy and entertained. It does not have all the high end water rides, climbing rocks etc as the mega newer ships. However, it will provide an opportunity for us and our our children to spend special time with their kids on a special vacation. After all we are only at sea 3 days.

Did the Summitt last year with my kids and they all had a great time. Liked it so much we're doing it again! Have 3 boys 17,13,and 11. My oldest found a lot of teens to hang out with last year and I'm sure they'll all make lots of friends this year. But we like to hang out with our kids and we introduced them to cribbage during last year's cruise. So we usually have a couple of family cribbage championships daily! Now that's an old board game.

X is very boring for teens.