Carnival stock quesion

We have done this twice so far.

My husband and I jointly own 100 shares of Carnival stock. We booked two different cruises with DH and friend in one cabin and friend's wife and me in another cabin. Since we had different booking numbers, we each submitted for Stockholder obc and we each received Stockholder obc.

Upon embarkation we all met at Guest Services and had our S&S cards reprogrammed so the right spouses shared cabins. My husband's obc remained on his S&S account.

^^ this ^^

Not sure about the "cheating" comment. It's Carnival's program, just follow their rules.

As far as the value as an investment, everyone's situation is a little different. We bought at $22 and have easily recouped that amount as OBC and dividends. I'm sure there's some that bought it just for the OBC and then lost that on a down-turn.

This is not true. It does not matter if a couple owns 100 shares or 600 shares, the obc is the same. 100 shares jointly owned is sufficient for obc for two cabins booked with one stock owner in each cabin.

Not so sure. No surprise, but maybe there is inconsistency in how it's handled.

Here is how the denial from last year was worded when I tried to claim shareholder credit for a second cabin, two booking numbers, same sailing with only 100 shares in our joint account:

Our records show that (DH name) has already redeemed the shareholder onboard credit to reservation #. Unfortunately, we won't be able to apply the onboard credit to this (second) reservation as only one onboard credit can be applied per shareholder-occupied stateroom for the account holders that have only 100 shares with Carnival and two persons on one account as the shares will be split between both persons.

For my upcoming sailing I did get two credits since we now own 200 shares in a joint account. Two cabins, two booking numbers, same sailing. DH sent in the email request a few weeks ago with an account statement since we only owned 100 shares at first. Then I bought more, sent in the second request under my name with a new joint account statement showing 200 shares and even pointed out in my email that our other booking was already approved. I was approved too.

That kind of sounds like cheating to me, but what ever you feel comfortable with. Not the changing names in the cabins, but the 2 $100 OBC for the same 100 shares of stock.:rolleyes:

I thought so too....

If you already have a cruise booked, and then buy the shares, do you get the obc?

You sure do.

Send an email and attach a copy of your statement to iCare@carnival.com

I include the following:

Attn: guest services admin supervisor

Name: Samantha Carter

Booking #:1A2B3C/Carter

Ship: Carnival ship name

Sailing date: day/month/year

Attached please find account summary showing ownership of 100 shares of CCL stock.

Thank you.

I usually receive confirmation within 24 hours.

I thought so too....

I repeat:

Cheating is smuggling alcohol when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

Cheating is smoking/vaping on a balcony or in a cabin when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

Cheating is people bringing their under 21 friends and family to Serenity when Carnival rules clearly prohibit it.

As long as I submit the paperwork and Carnival accepts it, I'll submit the paperwork. When Carnival prohibits this I'll no longer submit the paperwork. Hence it's not cheating.

Not so sure. No surprise, but maybe there is inconsistency in how it's handled.

Here is how the denial from last year was worded when I tried to claim shareholder credit for a second cabin, two booking numbers, same sailing with only 100 shares in our joint account:

Our records show that (DH name) has already redeemed the shareholder onboard credit to reservation #. Unfortunately, we won't be able to apply the onboard credit to this (second) reservation as only one onboard credit can be applied per shareholder-occupied stateroom for the account holders that have only 100 shares with Carnival and two persons on one account as the shares will be split between both persons.

To clarify, each of you was booked in a separate cabin?

For my upcoming sailing I did get two credits since we now own 200 shares in a joint account. Two cabins, two booking numbers, same sailing. DH sent in the email request a few weeks ago with an account statement since we only owned 100 shares at first. Then I bought more, sent in the second request under my name with a new joint account statement showing 200 shares and even pointed out in my email that our other booking was already approved. I was approved too.

Interesting indeed.

To clarify, each of you was booked in a separate cabin?

Yes. Each of us was booked in a separate cabin. Two booking numbers, same sailing. We had two cabins with our kids and split one parent in each cabin with children for booking purposes. Limited to $100 credit total since we owned 100 shares jointly at the time.

Just to complete the thought - fast forward to our upcoming cruise and owning 200 shares jointly qualifies us for $100 for each cabin. We are again in two separate cabins with two booking numbers.

Edited by bme
Fixed quote

Yes. Each of us was booked in a separate cabin. Two booking numbers, same sailing. We had two cabins with our kids and split one parent in each cabin with children for booking purposes. Limited to $100 credit total since we owned 100 shares jointly at the time.

Just to complete the thought - fast forward to our upcoming cruise and owning 200 shares jointly qualifies us for $100 for each cabin. We are again in two separate cabins with two booking numbers.

Hmmm, that is weird.

I'm sorry it didn't work the first time but glad it did for you for the next cruise.

I see lots of people talking about owning 100 shares in CCl. I don't get it. I mean the OBC perk is great, but one will never get their return on it. Unless you bought the stock a long time ago when the price per share was low, I don't see the investment benefits looking at the past 5 years. Can someone shed light on this for me? I am fairly new at investing and looking for places to stick my money, why do you own CCL stock?

I have owned shares for close to 10 years. In addition to the rise in the stock investment, we receive quarterly dividends (which add up nicely) and the OBC for each trip on any of their family brands. I don't sail as frequently as others but the trips I've taken and the OBC received has far exceeded my expectations!