Med Cruise on the Brilliance~ June 7, 2016 ~ My Diary

Do you remember the fee to go into Academia? And is there a charge to inside the Duomo?

Mitzi - It was $18.55US when I bought ours online from official site. YOU must buy on line in advance for a specific 15 minute entrance time. If not expect to wait outside in line at least 45 minutes while the others go in. You print out a receipot and take to the ticket office across the street and they give you tix. We got there 30 minutes ahead of our 11:15 time and they let us in early (we took earlier train to Floence - using a shared cab from cruise port) You'll need about 45 minutes there.

The Duomo in Florence is Free. Expect a line but it moves quickly. There is a charge to go to the roof/

Steve

Thank you! Was looking at the site, looks like you can only buy two tickets at a time, there's 8 of us

You may not be on the OFFICIAL site. The tix are 8E (plus a 4E reservation fee per order) And I just looked and there was no 2 ticket limit.

Try this site and let me know:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/venueAccademia.aspx

S

Another review from Max's Mom...woo hoo!!! Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures and stories....[emoji6] Again, I want your life when I grow up (and the kids leave the house and we can travel again!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, that's where I was, our time has low availability, saw the times either side have more than two, thx

How limited are you on time? Are you on a tour? THAT's why A said to BUY as soon as you know. You are going in prime tourist season.

All I can suggest is that you try to move you time by a quarter or half hour to get the 8 you need. And - if necessary you can be out of there in 30-35 minutes. There are only 9 sculptures besides "Dave".

S

How limited are you on time? Are you on a tour? THAT's why A said to BUY as soon as you know. You are going in prime tourist season.

All I can suggest is that you try to move you time by a quarter or half hour to get the 8 you need. And - if necessary you can be out of there in 30-35 minutes. There are only 9 sculptures besides "Dave".

S

Yep, that's what I'm asking RomeInLimo. If we can move the time a little bit. There's time on either side.

Do you remember the fee to go into Academia? And is there a charge to inside the Duomo?

I see Steve has already filled you in on the prices, etc. Rominlimo will not mind if you have to vary the time some. We had to do that as well. They were fine with it.

I see Steve has already filled you in on the prices' date=' etc. Rominlimo will not mind if you have to vary the time some. We had to do that as well. They were fine with it.[/size']

I just bought our 8 tickets and had to split 4 people on each side of our desired time, hope that works

After spending time in the Piazza, it was time for lunch. Giovanni had made reservations for us in a restaurant not too far away. The restaurant was full, but our table was waiting for us. We all ordered various Italian dishes and enjoyed it very much. It was also very reasonable.

DSC01607_zpszt8yr8c4.jpg

After lunch we drove around a little bit and Giovanni pointed out some more sites. Someone expressed an interest in shopping for leather goods, so off we go to a local factory and showroom! So accommodating. We toured the little factory and browsed through the showroom for just a little bit.

DSC01608_zpsvvzwrvg0.jpg

DSC01609_zpsd2ghrgyl.jpg

DSC01610_zpsmfted1vb.jpg

After our time here, we departed Florence and headed for Pisa. We had a great time strolling around Pisa and fighting the crowds to make pictures trying to hold up the leaning tower! Ha! It was beautiful there today.

DSC_0690_zpsnakbir7f.jpg

DSC_0697_zps8rlt6rxi.jpg

I just bought our 8 tickets and had to split 4 people on each side of our desired time, hope that works

I'd be willing to bet that your driver will get you in at the same time.....no worries. It's not that big of a deal. If you're with Rominlimo......you'll get service!

On the way back.....Giovanni took us to a beachside place so that we could get some gelato! Yum!!

DSC01624_zpsiy0cwmvx.jpg

DSC01625_zpswvhvcum1.jpg

We made it back to the ship a little after six. All aboard was 6:30, so we did well. Boy ......we packed a lot into this day and it was totally worth it. Giovanni was the best.

DSC_0707_zpsdpzz8kjd.jpg

We were pooped and had very little time to rest before heading out for the evening. We took showers and got ready and headed straight to the lounge for drinks.

DSC01630_zps3mbulqoj.jpg

We were so tired......we just headed to the Windjammer for a relaxing dinner. The choices were wonderful there and we had a very nice dinner. We enjoyed visiting with Michael and Andrea and Vic and Ann, too. We went straight to bed after that!

DSC01631_zpsruelrkn6.jpg

Edited by max'smom

great review and pictures as usual, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We were on jewel for b2b over Xmas/new year and Ricardo was covering the concierge lounge for Diego. What a very special welcoming man he is. He has lost a lot of weight, good for him, he is looking good.

Loving reading your review, thanks.

We cruised on Rhapsody from Venice in May and as far as I'm aware Diamond + were not offered breakfast in Chops. We would have really enjoyed that! We were however made very welcome in the CL by the Concierge Aline.

Would love Chops breakfast on Navigator in September!