Med Cruise on the Brilliance~ June 7, 2016 ~ My Diary

After our visit at the Pantheon it was time for lunch. Giovanni dropped us off at a Trattoria. Unfortunately the waiter had a bad attitude. We were charged 16 euros just to have bread and utensils........common practice in a lot of places. But we weren't aware of it until the bill came and that just didn't sit well with us. Oh well.....

DSC_0781_zpsng1huiry.jpg

After lunch we went to the Piazza Navona......a place that I have never been before. Neat place!

DSC01709_zpsslzyboex.jpg

DSC_0782_zpsw7jtgbpg.jpg

DSC_0783_zps9d8gtzra.jpg

DSC_0785_zpsgygt6dy3.jpg

DSC_0786_zpsenzpbpkb.jpg

Finally.......we headed over to St. Peter's Square. We did not go through the Vatican Museum this time since we went there the last time we were here. That was just too time consuming......so we just went in St. Peter's Basillica. Beautiful! We had to stand in line there for a little over twenty minutes to get through security. At first when we saw the lines, we didn't want to, but Giovanni assured us that these lines would move quickly and it looked better than most days......so we stuck it out.

DSC01723_zpswhncn2ae.jpg

DSC01722_zpsrcsrcobq.jpg

DSC_0811_zpssfrj8pdy.jpg

DSC01728_zps0epmx9ev.jpg

DSC01733_zpsrdonevvd.jpg

DSC_0807_zpspjio6oqt.jpg

Edited by max'smom

We were totally wiped out and ready to head back to the ship. Many of us took a little nap on the ride back. We were back to the ship around 5 o'clock and bid Giovanni number two farewell. Another great job by Rominlimo!!

DSC_0812_zpsxqzzyulj.jpg

Later that evening we met up with Ann and Vic in the DL.....then Andrea and Michael.

DSC01742_zpsb9wvdkoi.jpg

DSC01745_zpsgarxcijt.jpg

DSC01743_zpstbaobn3p.jpg

Beautiful evening.

DSC01744_zps6f6yfio0.jpg

DSC01747_zpsksdvwnt1.jpg

It was a Windjammer kind of night again. Tremendous and delicious selection of food.....and we enjoyed it. Straight to bed after that! Another busy day ahead!

At about 8 o'clock.....we walked down a little alley next to the hotel....not too far.....to the Plaza Reial. Some friends had taken us here before' date=' so that's how we knew about it.

DSC01358_zpsl68rbdzy.jpg

DSC01367_zpsh1yxqaew.jpg

We ate at a restaurant that we had also eaten in before......right on the corner there, called Rossini. Excellent food.....I had grilled salmon that was very tasty. And also a local beer. We finished that off with some cappuccino and thoroughly enjoyed it.

DSC01360_zpsihs0iawi.jpg

DSC01361_zpswcuuxqtf.jpg

DSC01365_zpsevogtrtk.jpg

Always enjoy your reviews and pics, they are always appreciated!....K.O.:)

Saturday ~ June 11, 2016 ~ Salerno/Amalfi Coast

Up early again! Not used to so much activity!!! But we got our breakfast again in Park Café. That's ok but I can't wait to get back to having breakfast again in Chops!!

Nice sail in this morning:

DSC01749_zpsgr6xfyrt.jpg

DSC01755_zpsui9h55gv.jpg

Once again....we have a tour scheduled with Rominlimo. Today there were 6 of us, so we had a smaller van. We were joined by Mike and Leslie from Atlanta today. We met our driver at 8. He said his name was Jonny.....which was short for......you guessed it.....Giovanni! Giovanni number 3!!! What a cutie and he did a great job for us today.

881d68ed-c36f-463c-a397-879d00c5c958_zpshvhyhm3i.jpg

We got right under way driving up the curvy road to see the Amalfi Coastline. We would stop every now and then for a photo op.

DSC_0819_zps7de1mp0u.jpg

DSC_0820_zpsjbe76qzb.jpg

DSC_0818_zpsekvlhq2h.jpg

This is the van we were using for the day.

DSC01761_zpsrtij5xuh.jpg

Anything any larger would have had great difficulty today, so this was just perfect!

Our first stop of the day was the town of Amalfi. A very quaint little place.

DSC_0823_zpsog5dpozq.jpg

DSC_0836_zpsuvvtn1br.jpg

DSC_0834_zpse9pg37dt.jpg

DSC01768_zpsxedfexg0.jpg

One of the stops we made had a little stand with fresh fruit and they were squeezing juices. It smelled so good!!

DSC_0866_zpsvnurfy66.jpg

DSC_0868_zpsc6nfx9v7.jpg

The really big lemons like this are for making lemoncello.

DSC_0867_zpsrmdi9npw.jpg

And we continued on towards Positano.

DSC01780_zps93w5bijo.jpg

DSC01784_zpsrxnlny9c.jpg

And there it is!!

DSC01790_zpsdqw7kdxb.jpg

After a little shopping, Jonny took us way up above the town....off the beaten path to a restaurant where we had reservations. This was a family owned restaurant called Constantino's and it was wonderful!!!

First of all.......the view:

DSC_0874_zpsgxzxdmfp.jpg

Then we met Constantino himself!

DSC_0875_zpsdvh9y4wk.jpg

They had a special where you could get all kinds of courses plus wine for 28 euros a person. Michael and Andrea got that and it was amazing. Andrea let me have their wine, but John and I split a pizza and some salad. Everything was delicious!!

When we walked in.......we saw our good friends and ship mates already eating here!

DSC01802_zpsgzxbuvev.jpg

This was our table:

DSC_0876_zpsqaqhmhf3.jpg

This was the view from our table:

DSC01801_zps1rgs7mwb.jpg

DSC01807_zpsyoiep9jl.jpg

This was an amazing part of our day and so enjoyable. Wonderful food and a great atmosphere.

DSC01803_zpsevztpwhf.jpg

DSC01804_zpscyov5fw6.jpg

We polished off the meal with a round of lemoncello.

DSC01806_zpsydhwcgpd.jpg

After lunch.....we drive off again and see some more fantastic countryside.

DSC01810_zps8pr4zklb.jpg

Great review, as usual, Jane. We will be on the Brilliance in January. Do either, or both of the CL or the DL have outdoor seating? We love those venues that do. Thanks for all you do!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Next Jonny took us out in the country to a place that manufactured olive oil. Just a little place, but they had a show room and they arranged for us to have an olive oil and lemoncello tasting. It was quite impressive. I had no idea there were so many flavors of olive oil. We tasted all the different kinds with bread and they were all delicious. I wish I could have bought it all!!! And who knew that lemoncello came in a chocolate flavor!!? And also pistachio and melon flavors. In the end.....lemon was my favorite and that's what I went home with! This was so much fun!

DSC_0888_zpsfpc6tgff.jpg

DSC_0887_zpszkjgah5r.jpg

After the tasting we had an opportunity to purchase whatever we wanted. We bought as much as we thought we could get back on the ship and get into our suitcases, but that was not near enough!!!

DSC01815_zpsqp4jgtpk.jpg

From there we headed down to sea level to the town of Sorrento. We set off wandering and shopping around there for about 45 minutes before heading back to the ship.

DSC01818_zpsbc1dmsai.jpg

DSC01820_zps6nckefj6.jpg

DSC01821_zpslleesday.jpg

Great review, as usual, Jane. We will be on the Brilliance in January. Do either, or both of the CL or the DL have outdoor seating? We love those venues that do. Thanks for all you do!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes.....the Concierge Lounge has the outdoor seating. That's a nice area unless it's very windy.

great review and pictures as usual, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We were on jewel for b2b over Xmas/new year and Ricardo was covering the concierge lounge for Diego. What a very special welcoming man he is. He has lost a lot of weight, good for him, he is looking good.

Ricardo's weight loss was do to a health issue! He's trying to get some weight back! He has about 30 pounds to go, that's what he has told me!!!

Ricardo's weight loss was do to a health issue! He's trying to get some weight back! He has about 30 pounds to go, that's what he has told me!!!

Whar???? I mean I knew about his health problems, but he doesn't need to gain 30 pounds back!!! He looks greaat!

Whar???? I mean I knew about his health problems' date=' but he doesn't need to gain 30 pounds back!!! He looks greaat![/size']

Well, this is what he told me on his last email! This was before your cruise started!

I haven't heard from him!

He doesn't like to use the DL email, for private use!

Such great guy!!!!

Do you know if he will move to the CL, after Charmaine leaves at the end of the month???

I'm going break the rules and send him an email, right now!

Great review: my favorite?

My beautiful city: Rome!

Awwww..... Wish we were there with you guys!