QM2 TA / Shorts During Day?

fwphoto

You don't say when you are going. Our last cruise in May was a bit too cool to wear shorts outside but shorts don't take up a lot of room so put one pair in just in case. Most activities are inside and during the day we saw every type outfit imaginable . After 5 it was a different story.

Thanks for the reply!

We are on the next WB TA from Southampton to NYC. We leave a week from today.

Just trying to get the packing done before flying to England! :-) Spending a few days in London before jumping on the QM2. Trying to keep the weight down.

Frank

Thanks for the reply!

We are on the next WB TA from Southampton to NYC. We leave a week from today.

Just trying to get the packing done before flying to England! :-) Spending a few days in London before jumping on the QM2. Trying to keep the weight down.

Frank

I am on that crossing as well Frank. We have a roll call going for it and a few of us are meeting up in the Commodore Club at 12.15 if you would like to join us.

regards Pat

Thanks Pat!

I've been keeping an eye on the Roll Call but trying to be a little low-key since this will be the first time crossing or even cruising for that matter.

Is the 12:15PM meet on Mon.?

Frank

Thanks Pat!

I've been keeping an eye on the Roll Call but trying to be a little low-key since this will be the first time crossing or even cruising for that matter.

Is the 12:15PM meet on Mon.?

Frank

You could not have picked a better ship to start your cruising career. Better watch it you might become spoiled.

I've always said if you're going to do something, do it right!

Its hard to figure out what the weather might be, though, when you're in the middle of the Atlantic. I know it can vary greatly, but I'm thinking it will still be a bit cool out there, even midday. I guess I'll know soon enough!

Take care,

Frank

My other half has worn shorts on an October crossing in the past, although usually wears a top with long sleeves if doing the mile to ward off any wind chill. Last day as you approach NY has been warm both times we've crossed. I feel the cold so haven't gone shorter than capri pants but I've been pleasantly surprised not to find it as cold as I thought it might be. I should say we're from the UK so depending on where you live your perception of hi/lo temps may be different to ours :-)

Thanks! On my way now, so we'll see! :-)

I'm sure it will be OK. Packed both long & short. As long as I have my formal wear everything will be alright! :-)

Can't wait 'till the 17th!

Take care,

Frank

We were on the recent crossing June 21 from Hamburg. I had packed shorts, which I wore in Europe and in New York. But I never wore them on board the QM2. It was never hot enough outside, and certainly inside in the A/C, shorts would not have worked.

I was more concerned about whether shorts would be acceptable in restaurants during the day, but having searched photos and videos people have posted, it all seems quite casual during the day.

That said I've 'upgraded' my husband's shorts to a snazzy chino style, so with a short sleeved shirt, I think he'll still be considered 'smart casual' :D

Thanks tv24 for the weather report from the last WB crossing. It looks to be a little chilly this time, too. At least it looks like London & Southampton will be cool before we leave.

All good, though! Might throw in an extra pair of "smart" jeans :-) at the last minute & plan a sweatshirt purchase in London for the trip. (Maybe a nice QM2 sweatshirt from the gift shop?)

Take care,

Frank