Debarking in Southampton.

Tothesunset

We are doing the TA on the QM2 in December from NY - Soton.

We will need to book a taxi to get us back to heathrow and although we use a reliable company I am at a loss to know what time they should expect to pick us up. We will be in the Princess Grills.

Anyone have an idea as to when we should expect to be ready for collection?

From my experience in Princess Grill, our call for going ashore was 8:15 or 8:30. Nothing is for certain, however; delays in unloading the luggage can happen. On one voyage there was a delay between the Queen's Grill disembarkation of 8:00 and the expected Princess call of 8:15. It was about 9:00 before we were called ashore.

If you can manage "self help" disembarkation can be quite early - shortly after 7:00 in our experience.

We have been in PG. we usually book the car for 9:00 or 9:30. Allow about 10-15 mins to walk off the ship, collect your luggage and get to curb.

If you have a problem with your given disembarkation time, use the concierge. They have given us earlier time slot labels in the past.

Cunard charges $40 USD per person for the bus transfer from Southampton to Heathrow. How much is the taxi?

We went from Heathrow to Southampton by taxi in May using Express Airport Transport and paid £77 in advance by credit card. We will use the same company again in December.

We went from Heathrow to Southampton by taxi in May using Express Airport Transport and paid £77 in advance by credit card. We will use the same company again in December.

I need to revise that. I've just booked from S'ton to H'row. £89. I found one company offering the trip for £77 but they didn't have a history. The quotes were otherwise between £110 and £130.