Timing Issue in Honolulu

dogdaygirl

Hi! As it's been awhile since I've been on a cruise, and I need to work out a timing issue, does allowing a half hour to get off the ship in Honolulu sound reasonable if you're scheduling a private tour or should I add more? Thanks

Your tour operator is not going to leave you if you are 5 minutes late. They will give you reasonable time. And they are probably on "Hawaii time".

Assuming your 30 minutes estimate is based on Honolulu is a stop on your cruise, as opposed to the end of your cruise, such as on Pride of America. Then 30 minutes might be a little optimistic, but not by a lot.

You just never know if it is just a stop on the cruise.

Where are you arriving from.

Keith

Sorry, I should have given more info. We are cruising from Long Beach and Honolulu is one of our stops. We will be doing Pearl Harbor on our own and I'm trying to figure out what time to reserve our tickets for the Memorial. We dock at 9am and what I was thinking was half hour to get off the ship, an hour to get to Pearl Harbor from the pier area which would put us there at 10:30, and because we have to be there an hour early, was thinking about reservations at 11:30 for the tickets. Does this sound like a reasonable time frame? Thanks

I think 11:30 is a good plan. If you get there early there may be tickets for an earlier time available. If not, you can see the other exhibits prior to your ticket time. Enjoy your day at PH. Cherie p.s. I don't know what day you will be there but the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet is close to PH. If you want a one stop shop for souvenirs you might consider this also. It is not open every day so you would need to check the dates.

I think 11:30 is a good plan. If you get there early there may be tickets for an earlier time available. If not, you can see the other exhibits prior to your ticket time. Enjoy your day at PH. Cherie p.s. I don't know what day you will be there but the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet is close to PH. If you want a one stop shop for souvenirs you might consider this also. It is not open every day so you would need to check the dates.

Thanks for the help Cherie! Now, if I can just get the time I want! LOL

Oh, one more quick question for someone who has reserved Memorial tickets online.........when I went to the site to check it out, I saw where you enter your information but I just saw a place for date and number of tickets, and no place for time. Does that come up after you put in date and number? Thanks

Yes. When you enter the date and # of tickets and click on "reserve" a page will appear with all the times for that date, and the number of tickets available for each time. Please let us know when you are successful!!!!!! Cherie p.s. I am getting tickets for our September visit and appreciate your post because it reminded me to check on availability.

Edited by cccole

Yes. When you enter the date and # of tickets and click on "reserve" a page will appear with all the times for that date, and the number of tickets available for each time. Please let us know when you are successful!!!!!! Cherie p.s. I am getting tickets for our September visit and appreciate your post because it reminded me to check on availability.

LOL Glad I could help! Thank you so much for your help on this! I get a little anxious because I want this to be the perfect trip for my husband and son........their first time to Hawaii..........so I'm trying to get all the bases covered before hand. I've been lucky enough to get to Hawaii twice before so this is their trip and I get to tag along. :D And I'm trying to fit in everything they want to do on Oahu. LOL Anyway, hope you are successful with your tickets also!! Shella