Anthem 9 night July 28....live....at times

Good morning all. We're in the holding pen waiting to embark.

Check in was a breeze. Super fast, super easy.

We're a party of 10 (grand parents, my family of 4 with twin 11 year old girls and my sister's family of 4 with a15 yo bit and 14 yo girl)

My immediate family all uploaded our pictures so we were done a whopping 4 minutes faster than my sister's group. Whoo hoo.

We arrived my a private bus at 9:45 and from pulling in, dropping luggage, checking in and security, we were seated by 10:10

I'll be posting sporadically, so ask any questions.

Edited by Plainoldt

Yeah!!!

Are you eating at Jamies? can you post a current menu?

Are there still fresh fruit smoothies in the Solarium Bar?

Are you going to the Solarium bistro anytime? if so a menu from there would be great.

Thank You and enjoy your trip. We just booked this cruise for next year.

Yeah!!!

Are you eating at Jamies? can you post a current menu?

Are there still fresh fruit smoothies in the Solarium Bar?

Are you going to the Solarium bistro anytime? if so a menu from there would be great.

Thank You and enjoy your trip. We just booked this cruise for next year.

IMG_0685_zpsr2sqitvo.jpg

We are trying to decide on this ship in the fall or the Breakaway (which we've been on before)...I will be anxiously waiting for your posts! Thanks!

Instead of being anxious, why not read some other threads?

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2383515

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377432

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2367837

:)

I know there's been lots of com plaints lately but so far? Fabulous. Crew super friendly. We were able to get our sea passes by 11. Room was done, but airing out so we didn't leave our carry ons.

Did the windjammer only because it was still empty.

For the record, I am a "foodie" but have no problem eating chef boyardee straight from the can at times lol

So the food....plentiful, good, not gourmet at all, but for that level of food? It was good.

Paella surprisingly tasty although the pork was very dry. Everything was over whelming to one of my twins. The other (whose 30 lbs under weight) couldn't stop eating lol.

REALLY GOOD lavazza coffee.

Sky bar (hopeton ellis bartender) super nice and poured healthy drinks. Lol.

And not even 3 hours later, the girls are eating again in cafe 270. pre made stuff. Again, not gourmet again, but more than edible.

We got their wow bands in boleros. Small computer glitch, had to restart to system. The older couple ahead of me were not understanding not were the happy with color choice. *eye roll* but they were old so....

Muster in 30. They said to wait for the bells fyi (another thread fighting about that)

And not even 3 hours later, the girls are eating again in cafe 270. pre made stuff. Again, not gourmet again, but more than edible.

We got their wow bands in boleros. Small computer glitch, had to restart to system. The older couple ahead of me were not understanding not were the happy with color choice. *eye roll* but they were old so....

Muster in 30. They said to wait for the bells fyi (another thread fighting about that)

If you want a seat, go soon. There are never enough seats for everyone assigned to your station. :)

We went really for muster. I'd say 90% were in seats BEFORE the bells sounded.

Uh, we may have broke even for the week I the drink package just last night alone ..lol...won't be doing that again soon.

Room serve was quick (relatively)

Bfast at the windjammer, super crowded. Yummy banana smoothies, unsupportive food, long lines, but we all wow up late And had plans

Ripcord...hell of a great time.

Coastal kitchen for dinner tonight

Chops last night ..REALLY good food. The crab cake "sauce" was crappy mayo dressed up but everything else was lovely

We went really for muster. I'd say 90% were in seats BEFORE the bells sounded.

Uh, we may have broke even for the week I the drink package just last night alone ..lol...won't be doing that again soon.

Room serve was quick (relatively)

Bfast at the windjammer, super crowded. Yummy banana smoothies, unsupportive food, long lines, but we all wow up late And had plans

Ripcord...hell of a great time.

Coastal kitchen for dinner tonight

Chops last night ..REALLY good food. The crab cake "sauce" was crappy mayo dressed up but everything else was lovely

What kind of suite do you have?

Thank you for the info. I find all the information provided here very useful. I am still new to cruising. If you have time, can you please go to deck 11 and get the nursery & aquanauts compasses and the family info sheet? Thank you in advance. I am trying to figure out the time of activities to figure out when I should book the nursery and when we shoul do activities together. It is hard to find this info online.

Do you happen to know what happen on the ship this afternoon? I was watching it on the web cam while it was in Bermuda and I noticed that an ambulance was backed up to one of the ship's dock doors. Did you guys leave on time?

We will be in a JS this Jan please let me know how CK is and a must is the Grand great food there. And thanks for the reports

I was on the same itinerary in June and ate at CK five of the nine nights. Each night was excellent. Take advantage of the seven CK dinner menus that Anthem has. Unlike the Oasis/Allure that only have two menus they cycle through. I skipped the four MDRs, so I cannot comment on Grande, but all reviews from fellow passengers were positive.

Edited by GatorWop

We left maybe 15 minutes late aching wad lucky for one family that came right before the ambulance left.

Not sure what happened, but it looked like a woman in late 60s? She was awake on the stretcher. They took her and husband (?) and and all their luggage. So, no I didn't ask around what happened.

Can not believe the stupidity of people running for the boat at 4pm when that was the time we were supposed to leave.

Last night was coastal kitchen (parents are in a junior suite with the family rooms adjoining so 1 door leads to 3 which was a regular d1, an inside with a virtual window and the jr. Suite. My part of the family it's right next door with all the balconies connecting

The gift....bad bad line of sites. Who ever designed the theater should be fired. Great singing but left early because ur was too hard to see.

Cafe 270 is our fave place for a calm Bite to eat.

Johnny rockets fries cane in handy with my.....ehem...intestinal issues...yikes.

Chic tonight

Fyi..I thought that 13.50 a head was a lot for gratuities....now? It's not enough. These people work their asses off