What time to check in at Port Canaveral if you are NOT FTTF or Diamond or Platinum?

I'm looking for suggestions for arriving at Port Canaveral for my Magic Cruise in Sept. FTTF is sold out, and we are not yet Platinum (okay, really not even close yet, this will be our 3rd cruise on Carnival and first out of Port Canaveral)

I've checked my Boarding Pass, we do not have an assigned check-in time. I do not mind getting to the port early if I can get inside (not wait on a line outside in the heat), and hopefully get a low boarding number, but the "official" Carnival information indicates check-in does not start until 12:30? I know I've read plenty of reviews where folks have checked in earlier and been on board around that time.

On the "later" side of arriving, what time would you arrive so you'd be there after the long check-in lines dissipated?

(As I said, I don't mind getting there early, but this will be a family debate until we are up and on our way!):rolleyes::p:D

Thanks for any recommendations!

Show up at 1:30-2:00pm....no lines....you will probably be on the ship in under 10 mins and your room will be ready

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is what we usually do. You don't miss anything other than lines. Plus it allows me to work a half day.

Hi there

If you arrive around 1:30 p.m. most of the people who thought it was important to be first would have gone through. The lines are typically getting reasonable by then.

Check in and boarding will be right away. By the time you are onboard, your cabins should be ready. Drop your carry on, refresh yourself if you need and go get yourself lunch and a drink. Enjoy. :)

have a great cruise

Edited by Nic6318

We have cruised out of there a few times, most recently in November of 2015. We get there around 10:30-11:00 simply because we stay at a hotel nearby the night before and catch their shuttle over there. But then we do have to wait in lines, usually about an hour+ to get through the check-in, security, etc... and get on board. It's also pretty crowded when we get on then. So like others said, if you're not in a huge hurry, you can avoid some of that by coming around 1ish and probably get right on.

Maybe we just lucked out but we had to return our car at 9:30 so we headed over and got to the port about 10:00 and walked right in and were all checked in and boarded just after FTTF and were eating lunch soon after 11:00. I think it is all luck.

Sailed out of Port Canaveral on July 16th. Arrived at 10:45. Lines for security and then check-in were fast moving. We did have to sit and wait after that but were onboard and sitting in Serenity by 11:45.

Port Canaveral does not have the option of allowing you to choose your check in time yet. It is a great port to sail from, they have their act together and keep people moving. I like to get there around 11:00 and usually do not have much of a wait.

Any port that doesn't have pre-assigned check in times, I try to get to the pier by 10:30. I am Diamond, and don't really encounter lines, but I see the general boarding area and it's never that busy.

I would rather be checked in and sitting in the lounge than waiting at a hotel. And I do want to board as early as possible to take full advantage of the first day of my cruise.