Snorkel from less crowded beach?

hokkaido

This may be too much to ask, but I am looking for a shot excursion satisfying the following conditions as many as possible.

1. Less crowded and less development (we don't need trampoline or spa but beautiful nature with a snack bar).

2. Clear water and beautiful sandy beach which is safe for a 4-year-old to play.

3. Snorkeling gear for rent.

4. Want to spend a whole day (of course we leave before our ship leaves the port)

5. Lots of fish!

We really had a good time at Paradise Cove on Freeport, Bahama

and we are looking for something similar.

Thank you.

Playa Palancar should fit your needs - not sure about snorkeling quality. No beach with a nice sandy bottom will have good snorkeling - the sand and waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish.

Less crowded because it is farther away - cab fare should be $20+ -with white sand and clear water plus good food/drinks/service.

Thank you, JohninDC.

I remember the beach at Freeport was rocky in the water.

I totally understand that and thank your for telling me about it.

I will check the place you recommended.

Thank you so much!

Playa Palancar should fit your needs - not sure about snorkeling quality. No beach with a nice sandy bottom will have good snorkeling - the sand and waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish.

Less crowded because it is farther away - cab fare should be $20+ -with white sand and clear water plus good food/drinks/service.

I second Playa Palancar. It's our favorite beach in Coz. When we were there again a few weeks ago, the beach seemed to have even fewer rocks/shells than usual. Didn't need water shoes at all. The snorkeling is ok, nothing fantastic, but I usually see a fair amount of fish.

Thank you, maldenmusic!

We are now so sure about Playa Plancar.

I have some questions.

Are there boats for those who want to snorkel off-shore?

And any websitets to make a reservation for that?

Lockers? Changing rooms? Shades?

Easy to get a taxi to and from the beach?

Thank you.

Thank you, maldenmusic!

I have some questions.

Thank you.

Palancar's website isn't that great or at least the last time I looked. There is a booth there as you walk in that you can book snorkeling, parasailing, etc although we've never done so. There are changing rooms, bathrooms, a shower to wash the sand off but I don't remember any lockers. If you did an excursion they might have a safe place for your things. Taxis are no problem. You can jump in one at the pier and they are always waiting when you are ready to leave. We've never had to call for one and we've been going there once or twice a year for 8 years. No admission to use beach and they have a restaurant and bar but we've never been told we had to order anything but we always get something to drink at least. No pool, no water toys to speak of-just a quiet, laid back place to hang.

Thank you, maldenmusic!

I have some questions.

Thank you.

We are also fans of Palancar. Although we have usually found it quiet I would caution that it was quite busy on our last visit in December 2015 when we arrived around lunchtime.

Their website appears to have been "taken over" but here are a couple of reviews which may answer some of your questions. Scroll down through Mitsugirly's review for lots of photos.

http://www.10best.com/destinations/mexico/cancun/articles/a-relaxing-romantic-day-on-cozumels-playa-palancar/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49345423

Several youtube reports too.

Edited by c-leg5