Coral in Miami

TorontoTL

Looks like the Coral is finally in Miami and disembarking it's passengers after an extended 12 day Panama Canal cruise. I hope all of the Oct 25th pax make it onboard and that all of the disembarking pax make it home safely. It's the first time I've ever seen Princess use Miami port.

Amazing isn't it. Hopefully there will be no problems with the people getting off the ship and the new people getting on. I can just about imagine trying to get flights out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale with the limited electricity, water, etc. You know I think there is going to be problems.;) Well we will here the stories soon enough.

Marilyn

OFF the ship...NO! Problems...YES!

Immagrations has held us up to diembark. It is 10:30 and no one has stepped off the ship. We have a 2:15 flight out of FLL. Hope we make it.

BTW - Princess has been GREAT during this entire process.

Sounds like a new hurricane Beta will interfer further with the next cruise schedule. I feel so sorry for that group.

I will check in tomorrow sometime after we settle in at home...hopefully. ;)

Welcome back to the Eastside Cviolante. It's a tad bit colder and windier than where you've been and in fact since you headed out of town. I'd be jealous but am headed to the Caribbean Princess for Xmas. It's a must for us to get out of the Northwest overcast grey by December :-)

I"m keeping my fingers crossed that no more hurricanes torment the Gulf or Caribbean the rest of this year. It's been too wild and too painful for many.

I've been following your cruise on the Bridge Cam from start to finish. I would never have dreamed of all the excitement that took place during your cruise. I'm glad to see that you are all back safely. Keep your fingers crossed for me as we leave Nov. 14 on the Coral. Hopefully we will still have a hotel room for the night before. Still can't reach anyone for info on the condition Ameri Suites.

Hopefully we will still have a hotel room for the night before. Still can't reach anyone for info on the condition Ameri Suites.

This post is from the Pre/Post Hotel board. TrentS seems to be an authority on the hotels (he lives in the area I guess). He said no visible damage to the Amerisuites.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=5004088&postcount=24

Just got back home in Seattle. We had a 1:07 flight out of FLL and we did make it (although not with a lot of time to spare.
What time/color did you get off the ship and how did you get to the airport? Did you ask for special luggage tags? We were on Dolphin and were given Aqua. Considering that we were supposed to get off by 10:30, we thought we would have plenty of time. We did get to the airport in plenty of time, but had we taken the bus at 12:00 and it been crowded in the airport, we would have missed the flight.

Welcome back to the Eastside Cviolante. It's a tad bit colder and windier than where you've been and in fact since you headed out of town. I'd be jealous but am headed to the Caribbean Princess for Xmas. It's a must for us to get out of the Northwest overcast grey by December :-)

I"m keeping my fingers crossed that no more hurricanes torment the Gulf or Caribbean the rest of this year. It's been too wild and too painful for many.

Thanks! It actually nice to be back. I always thought it would be cool to get stuck on a cruise ship, but not being able to make travel arrangements and talk to the kids was actually pretty stressful.

We took a private van to the airport, and asked him to hurry. He was doing 85 most of the way.

That's what we did once we got off. I wish we had gone to ask for red. By the time we thought of it, our luggage had been sent off with the aqua tags.

Speaking of luggage, we had a time finding ours, which made us even more apprehensive about making the flight. It was spread out everywhere. And all those escalators!:eek: I have never seen such disorganization in the luggage area. I realize that the reason was because it was the first time Princess had ever used the Miami port.

Did you know that it took all the reds about an hour to disembark? Everyone must have requested that color!

Hi we are back too!!!

But it looks like the Northwest people actually did okay. We live in the Northeast and our flights were cancelled again so...with no whre to stay we rented a car and started driving home. We got home Saturday afternoon. Did you see the Coral at Panama today? It looked like they had a nice day...that is good felt bad they had so many problems. We got off without any problems though we were orange...that was right after red.

Sorry you had to drive home. Did the rental cars already have gas in them? We wondered about those that were going to try and rent. Did you see the Newlywed game and that cute couple during our cruise? We talked to them the last day and they were worried about getting home. I guess their flights were cancelled as they were also going north.

I forgot to look at the webcam today. I was worried that the new hurricane would keep them from going to the Panama Canal.

Hi I am the Sea

I have to tell you a couple times on the ship when I was in a lot of people I thought about just yelling at where is "I am the Sea" but I didn't want to make a scene. :)

The rental cars did have some gas. The car we got had a half a tank, they told us to just drive north you will make it. We weren't real sure we would. When we started to drive through FLL they were closing roads because the President was coming through that area we just made it they were setting up road blocks behind us. So we did make out fine.

And yes we saw the Newlywed game. We even put our names in for it but they didn't pick us I guess we were married longer then the newest couple so they opted for them. But when they said we have just 4 couples my husband (I like saying that) I thought was going to fall on the floor, but they lied they had at least 5 couples so he was saved.

The drive home wasn't bad we took our time coming up.

Talk to you soon.

Lori

OK, I saw all the couples go up and put their names in. The couple in front of our seats were married something like 35 years and didn't get picked either. They were so cute and I was looking forward to hearing them. :(

I am trying to place you. :confused: Where were you sitting in the theater? Wasn't that one couple awful! The wife (in the Hawaiian outfit) was drunk and she was really tacky. We saw the third couple (he had screws in his arm) around the ship and they were also very nice. Sorry you didn't get picked, but know your DH was happy.

Our taxi driver told us that we should be glad we were not flying out of Miami because the president was on his way in and they were blocking roads and shutting down part of the airport.

Oh, I am glad he did get to go. I so wanted to ask him what happened. I hope he wasn't in too much pain. I have a rule in our family that no one is allowed to climb a ladder before cruising.:D We talked to the couple either on the next to last, or last day of the cruise while in the internet cafe. I can't remember what was said, so I doubt they will remember who we were, but tell them I said "hello."

Archived