10 am flight Miami yeah or nea

purpleally

No one mentioned the HORRIBLE line for a taxi at the airport. It is HUGE. I know a way to ameliorate it, but it incites riots. The airlines do not hold flights any more either. I think they have a time that you have to be there for sure before the flight.

I have taken my own luggage off to try to make an early flight, but Miami is HUGE and all those elevators.

This is asking for trouble.

The gate closes ten minutes before departure and they will not let you on even if the plane is still at the jet bridge. The flight has been closed out and the pilots have their paperwork and non-revs have been boarded. The agents do their best to have a on time departure.

Edited by Suite Travels

I have heard, and I THINK it is 30 minutes before, if you have not checked in they take standbys and stuff like that? Not sure, but I think I heard this.

You are correct. You must be checked in 30 minutes before departure but be sure to be at the gate 10 minutes before departure. People check-in and roam the shops or get something to eat and they miss their flight. They start clearing standby's and over sales 30 minutes prior to departure and today they will not bump them once they are issued a boarding pass. Everything in the airline biz is on time departures which airlines are rated on. Once the paper work is completed and handed to the flight attendant and pilots they can push back early given tower clearance.

The gate closes ten minutes before departure and they will not let you on even if the plane is still at the jet bridge. The flight has been closed out and the pilots have their paperwork and non-revs have been boarded. The agents do their best to have a on time departure.

This is the absolute truth. More than once we have been on an incoming flight which was late, or worse, not allowed to the gate. We have run at break neck speed to make the connection, only to find that the plane which isstill at the gate is closed.

Edited by RachelG