Gluten free dining on Emerald princess

Hilarry1720

Tell your Maitre'd, your waiter and their assistants the 1st night. They should be able to tell you what has no gluten in it. They may bring you the next night's menu for you to chose so they can make sure there is no gluten in what ever you decide for the next night. On a Carnival cruise they baked something like bread that had to gluten for a tablemate. She was happily surprised!

My husband and I sailed on the emerald last year in the Med. I have celiac disease, and the ship accommodated it really well, including making me special deserts! Make sure you register the dietary requirement online via the cruise personalizer so that they have supplies (bread, etc) on board for you. And then as the previous poster said, talk to the head waiter on your first night and they'll arrange a meal for you. Thereafter, they'll give you the menus a night in advance to choose from, and have the meal ready for you when you arrive. The buffet is a lot tougher, but even there, you can definitely ask a chef to explain what's safe, and bring new food from the back to avoid the risk of cross-contamination. All in all, I had a great experience with them.

Even in the Horizon Court Buffet, just you ask as you enter for the manager or assistant manager to help you out because you are gluten feel.

We were chatting with the HCB manager elsewhere (in a port) on our Emerald Princess cruise in January (2016) and he was telling us one thing he wished was that people realized Horizon Court could also take care of those on special diets.