How to quiet the negativity of your fellow cruisers?

tallyho8

We had a wonderful cruise planned to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. My family, my Mom's sister and brother and sister-in-law. My aunt's family decided to join us...uninvited. We had to change our plans..I won't even go into all of it, because we decided to make the best of it, even though this cousin was a professional complainer, thinking that a cruise would be so much fun she would forget to complain. After all, we can't stop smiling on a cruise and it's SO MUCH FUN. She then invited her brothers and their families. In total, she changed the cruise from 11 to 27 of us, CHARTERED a bus and insisted we not fly, and there was not one thing that she and her brothers and their family did not complain about...from the food to the weather to the crew. They even went so far as to almost accuse the cabin steward of stealing a piece of jewelry (found right where they had HIDDEN IT). The weather was too hot (it was the Caribbean during the summer), the food was too fancy (really?), the food was too spicy, the waiter was too slow and should just bring all the courses at one time (seriously?), the water coming out of the faucet was too warm, the beds were too hard, too soft, too short, the shower was too small, they didn't like how the toilet flushed, the pool area was too crowded, the halls were too narrow, the walk was too long to get everywhere on the ship, the music wasn't good, the shows were corny, their eggs weren't cooked the way they cook them at home, the drinks were too expensive, the humidity fogged up the lens on the camera, they didn't like dressing up (and this wasn't even about formal night...wearing pants was a big deal), they didn't like being out in the ocean all day (sea days), they didn't think the ports were safe, the walls in the cabin were too thin, the cabins were too small...the list was endless. The got into such a loud argument among themselves, I thought they were going to get thrown off the ship one night. We tried to stay as far away from them as possible. The spent the entire LONG bus ride home complaining about the cruise. The good thing that came out of the cruise was that by the time the charter bus pulled in and let us out, we never spoke to them again...still haven't and that was about 10 years ago. We go on a cruise about once or twice a year and from the time I get on the ship until they make me leave, I'm smiling and enjoying myself. I don't understand anyone that complains while they are on a cruise. When I stop enjoying it, I'll stop cruising. It's 117 days until my next cruise and I'm so excited I can't stand it. We have another one planned for 191 days from now. I smile every time I think of being back on a cruise ship.

That is a nightmare! Oh my God I would've just been laughing at them after a certain point. What a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk