Barefoot Beach or Columbus Cove

Kew Gardens Cruiser

Hi all. The last time we were in Labadee we went over to Columbus Cove based on the recommendations of many here on Cruise Critic. We enjoyed that the water was calm ( no waves) and there were no rocks like what is at Adrenaline Beach

For our next Oasis sailing we will be in an Owners Suite so we will have access to the Barefoot Beach area. I am not sure if we are going to do a cabana but I did hear about the upgraded bbq lunch

Is Barefoot Beach a much nicer area than Columbus Cove? It also should be about half the walk from the ship than Columbus Cove, correct?

Any rocks in the water at Barefoot Beach?

Barefoot Beach is very similar to Columbus Cove with soft sand, no rocks, palm trees and calm water. The difference I find is, Barefoot Beach is smaller, has less people, you can get your beach towels here, they have a bar, an upgraded lunch with tables, chairs and umbrellas.

Barefoot Beach is much closer, about a 10 min. walk once off the ship. There's also a special smaller tram at the first roundabout on Labadee that takes suite guests to Barefoot.

We were on Allure in November in a GS and were invited to the Helipad for Labadee sailaway, Oasis may do the same for their suite guests.

Barefoot Beach would be my first preference :)

FYI

Two weeks ago on our Allure sailing we had a memo in our cabin to take our own towels to barefoot beach, and also, we had to pick up our wrist band there.

Last year on Oasis we got our wrist band in cabin and towels were provided at the entrance.

Still got the free floaties.

Rather beat up, but usable.

Do not know if star class got their towels provided, we were sky.

BBQ was excellent.

And had a sandy entrance to the calm waters and not too bad of a crowd at barefoot.

Why go anywhere else????

It is yours to enjoy!

Enjoy

Thanks all

Also to clarify- we won't need watershoes at Barefoot Beach? ( I know the other side is rocky)

When I was there a few years ago, ouch! Very rocky. Def need shoes unless something has changed. I remember on CC then I had read that Barefoot is much more rocky and I concur!

So Barefoot is just as good but less crowded that Columbus, but you can only go if your in a suite balcony cabin Or High level crown member correct.

Your correct, OP is in an Owner's suite.

When I was there a few years ago, ouch! Very rocky. Def need shoes unless something has changed. I remember on CC then I had read that Barefoot is much more rocky and I concur!

I was at Barefoot Beach this past March and April and it was not rocky, maybe a pebble here and there, you must be thinking of Adrenaline Beach, which is very rocky. Going back to Labadee in October, I'll come back with an update on rock conditions :)

Thanks all

Also to clarify- we won't need watershoes at Barefoot Beach? ( I know the other side is rocky)

Water shoes are not needed because it is not rocky. Enjoy your day there, we always do :)

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

It was never rocky when I was there. Both before and after it became the suite beach. Barefoot Beach was the best beach, that is why they made it the suite beach!!! Did someone drop some rocks there?

Edited by Charles4515

It was never rocky when I was there. Both before and after it became the suite beach. Barefoot Beach was the best beach, that is why they made it the suite beach!!!

Since it as on the bay side ( same side as Columbus Cove) and not the side that has Adrenaline Beach I am thinking you are probably right. I might bring a cheap pair of water shoes just in case

Just at barefoot beach the week of August 7.

I wore water shoes because the sand was very hot and we walked around before going in and did not take them off.

A small section of the shore line was a tad rocky, but I would have to say over 75% was sandy entrance.

I have commented on other sailings how parts were more rocky, but this was a good year.

DH went in with no water shoes and did not complain.

Enjoy we did.