Lobster is still available in the Haven restaurant for free

Mrbluray

thanks, I heard Breakaway was the only one that switched to shrimp.....hopefully someone got back from Epic today and will comment before I leave in a couple days

I'd be interested to know myself! For the epic or any other ship that has the Haven restaurant

Harriet

looks yummy...thanks for sharing as I believe that's the same Lobster on the haven daily menu :)

I just called, NCL confirmed that Lobster is served ship wide on one night of the cruise. Including the Haven. It was included in the Haven that night. Sorry I didn't ask if it was "included" or up charge in other restaurants. Not sure if this is a change or what but I had it confirmed moments ago.

Breakaway, was the ship I was inquiring about. So Breakaway does have lobster.

Edited by BIGDADDY1

I'll be on the Breakaway and in the Haven this coming Sunday. I'll let you know.

You also have to realize that Lobsters go into their molting season during the late summer. So they are shedding and not very meaty during this period of time. Nothing worse than a watery soft shell lobster. That could also be a reason as to why they might not have been readily available on the ships lately.

I just called, NCL confirmed that Lobster is served ship wide on one night of the cruise. Including the Haven. It was included in the Haven that night. Sorry I didn't ask if it was "included" or up charge in other restaurants. Not sure if this is a change or what but I had it confirmed moments ago.

Then something must have changed from the first week of August! I was on the breakaway the first week of August. We were in the haven restaurant since we had a haven suite. The only lobster that was on the menu was under surf and turf but I was told they are no longer serving lobster in the haven restaurant at all and replaced it with shrimp. And my cruise was on a break away from July 31 for seven days until August 2016. Just about a month ago.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I should also add… You could call and they can tell you that today, you could call and speak to someone else today and they could tell you something else. Someone else could call today and someone else could tell that and even something else. One never gets the same answer when they call and speak to different people.

The people you speak to on the phone get the same information you and I do Connie from the Internet more than likely or from the NCL website which is not correct nor updated regularly

I really don't think the person you spoke with knew what the real deal is. Lobster is served in every restaurant , sans possibly the Haven restaurant, every night (not one night) for an upcharge or the price of a specialty restaurant.

Harriet, wondering if when they said they were no longer serving lobster, if they meant they were out of stock, but just didn't want to say they didn't have any more, because folks would go crazy.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Ahhh yes, a regal meal for those in the Haven to enjoy !

HAHA i love the op tag line...think about it...i guess it is free if you dont factor in the $4000 per person cost to be in the haven.

no joke: i just saw a real estate listing that said a 2014 bentley is included with the purchase of the home. so i guess the car is considered free...but the home cost a mere $14 million dollars!!!!!!!

Hi am trying to post the latest Haven menus without success. The concierge dept. emailed to me this morning.

There is no lobster on the Haven menu except for lobster bisque. Surf and turf is with shrimp.

They will probably have seafood night which has been a split lobster on our past 3 cruises. But no whole or tail on the daily Haven menus

Too bad I'll never be able to afford the haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the same thing. this will be my first time experching the Haven. It's will take me more than a year to pat for it. Here it will be worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HAHA i love the op tag line...think about it...i guess it is free if you dont factor in the $4000 per person cost to be in the haven.

no joke: i just saw a real estate listing that said a 2014 bentley is included with the purchase of the home. so i guess the car is considered free...but the home cost a mere $14 million dollars!!!!!!!

You're numbers are a little off, maybe that was for dramatic purposes. I am sailing on the Breakaway in 3 days and I have a Haven Suite. My total for the two of us including port charges and taxes is $4480.68

I really don't think the person you spoke with knew what the real deal is. Lobster is served in every restaurant , sans possibly the Haven restaurant, every night (not one night) for an upcharge or the price of a specialty restaurant.

Harriet, wondering if when they said they were no longer serving lobster, if they meant they were out of stock, but just didn't want to say they didn't have any more, because folks would go crazy.

They simply said they were no longer serving lobster and were replacing it with shrimp. That's what they told me about the surf and turf. The one and a half pound lobsters that were on the menu in the past were no longer even on the menu

Harriet

They simply said they were no longer serving lobster and were replacing it with shrimp. That's what they told me about the surfnd turf. The one and a half pound lobsters that were on the menu in the past were no longer even on the menu

Harriet

AND- the whole lobster nightly in the Haven was pretty new. We had 3 Haven stays on Getaway between June 2014 and October/November 2015. There was ONLY the lobster served on "Seafood night". Had there been 1 1/2 pound whole lobsters EVERY night my kids would never have eaten anywhere else. (And by my kids I mean ME!!)

I asked the concierge for the newest Haven menus. Here they are.

She said that they were in use as of August. There is mention of a cover charge at the bottom, I suppose this is for non-Haven visitors?

Thank you for posting the menus!

Now off to search what the cover charges are for.

She said that they were in use as of August. There is mention of a cover charge at the bottom, I suppose this is for non-Haven visitors?

Thank you for posting the menus!

Now off to search what the cover charges are for.

Thanks for the update.

We know how quickly things change but those "prices" were there in May but we were never charged for anything that we ordered from that part of the menu (Espresso, Cappuccino, for ex).

Does anyone know what this cover charge if for? It seems to be a pretty hefty charge!