Regent Navigator Review - May / June 2016

English Tim

I read a pass post by you that if one has not sailed on a recent ship in the last 2 to 3 years it is very difficult to make an objective review. But here it is again about the Navigator. Not having sailed in a least 5 years your input seems out dated. Why not let someone that has actually been on the Navigator recently make a more informed report? Hope your requirements are soon met so you may once again go to sea on the Navigator. Although, it seems like a lot of ifs.

Agree with what I posted previously however, the size of the ship does not change nor do the suites. The continued vibration has been verified by recent cruisers. I cannot speak to the new "feel" of the ship, their current menus (not sure if they have new menus or not), how the service or food currently is. When I post about the Navigator or a ship that I have not sailed on, I stuck to facts rather than opinions.

I read a pass post by you that if one has not sailed on a recent ship in the last 2 to 3 years it is very difficult to make an objective review. But here it is again about the Navigator. Not having sailed in a least 5 years your input seems out dated. Why not let someone that has actually been on the Navigator recently make a more informed report? Hope your requirements are soon met so you may once again go to sea on the Navigator. Although, it seems like a lot of ifs.

Mjflowers,

TC was responding to a post that I had addressed to her, asking for comparison info on the navigator. So, even if based on older sailings, I asked TC for the info - it was not a general review. And, her reply noted that the Navigator cruise was five years ago and before some improvements that have been made but that the layout had not changed much. And she asked others to chime in if they had newer info.

It was entirely appropriate for TC to give me the info (and the disclaimer that the voyage was 5 years ago) and I very much appreciate it - I got what I wanted and asked for. I would welcome any incremental info you (or anybody else) could provide me on a comparison of Navigator vs. Voyager based on your sailings on both.

Best,

John

Hi all. My DH & I will be on Navigator (Venice to Rome) starting October 3rd. My previous Regent experience was on the Voyager (Baltic in August 2014). Based upon some of the questions and comments on this string I'll make sure to include restaurant and suite feedback in my review. And seeing how we loved the Voyager I'm sure I'll have a somewhat biased view!

Counting the days/hours/min until we leave!

Hi all. My DH & I will be on Navigator (Venice to Rome) starting October 3rd. My previous Regent experience was on the Voyager (Baltic in August 2014). Based upon some of the questions and comments on this string I'll make sure to include restaurant and suite feedback in my review. And seeing how we loved the Voyager I'm sure I'll have a somewhat biased view!

The Navigator is more or less a small version of the Voyager (minus the Observation Lounge and Signatures). Interestingly, our first "real"* Radisson (now Regent) cruise was in 2006 - in August - - in the Baltics - on the Voyager. The ship has remained my favorite all of this years (until we sailed on the Explorer last month - now we have changed loyalties).

Have a great cruise.:)

*First cruise was in February, 2004 - on the Paul Gauguin which, at the time, was managed by Radisson.

Edited by Travelcat2

Our first cruise was on Navigator in 2009, and we just finished our 3rd cruise on her last month - I hope you like the new look! We've only sailed Voyager once but really liked her. Actually, we like all of the Regent ships we've sailed on so far! Don't get to see Explorer until next April, though.

Enjoy your cruise - Navigator is a great ship, IMO.

Santorini continued

Then I took the cable car down (included in tour price). The cable car gets busier and busier as departure time approaches. The alternative transport is by donkey, but this not to be recommended as they seem unstable on the steep winding bath. Pedestrians have to negotiate this path and the donkeys / poo as they walk down, so best to take cable car.

IMG_4109_zpsylth8dfk.jpg

Every time I think about the donkey/cable car discussion, it makes me think of the Ron White comedy bit: "You can take the donkey to the top of the rim...or you can take the tram. It is the same price."

Thanks you for your review. Very much enjoyed the pics and commentary as we have visited many of these before, and others are included in our upcoming explorer cruise.

Totally agree about the donkey trail in santorini. The cable car is way more pleasant and safer.