Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

....And then I see this...Ugh. Hills and a fluffy girl or sun and a fluffy girl. I'm really not sure which was the best decision.

P8213291%20copy-L.jpg

P8213292%20copy-L.jpg

So I'm going to show a set of pictures just roaming around the streets and looking at the beautiful buildings. The architecture is just amazing here and so colorful.

P8213293%20copy-L.jpg

P8213294%20copy-L.jpg

P8213295%20copy-L.jpg

P8213296%20copy-L.jpg

P8213365%20copy-L.jpg

P8213366%20copy-L.jpg

P8213367%20copy-L.jpg

I did notice there are A LOT of buildings for rent in OSJ.

P8213368%20copy-L.jpg

P8213369%20copy-L.jpg

I also noticed a lot of stray cats. I think I remember reading that you are not to ever touch any of them and that you could be fined?? I don't remember exactly, but that was the story I told the hubby (who is a cat lover) and so he rebelled, as he always does, and started petting all of them and taking their pictures, which would end up on some of his social media sites.

P8213370%20copy-L.jpg

FOR SALE...I bet we could get a good deal on this place. Yikes

P8213372%20copy-L.jpg

This area was pretty neat with the paintings on the buildings.

P8213371%20copy-L.jpg

P8213373%20copy-L.jpg

P8213375%20copy-L.jpg

More water to tempt me.

P8213377%20copy-L.jpg

Hey look, there's Castillo San Cristobal (I think) in the distance. I didn't realize we were that close to it and had circled back around past our hotel along the back side of it.

P8213378%20copy-L.jpg

P8213384%20copy-L.jpg

P8213385%20copy-L.jpg

Circling back around.

P8213386%20copy-L.jpg

Somehow, we ended up at Marshalls. We went in because we were just so hot and Kendra wanted to look around. This place was neat. It has several floors and was HUGE. Girls on the bottom level, up one was housewares I believe, up another level was mens/boys. It did have an elevator and steps as well. The elevator said like 6 or 7 floors, but I'm not sure if all of that is actually shopping.

Kendra and I decided to do a little bit of school clothes shopping for the kids. LOL I also found a nice hard, rolling, colorful suitcase and already knew that I had 2 luggage's that were over the 50 pound limit and the other luggage was getting close. I'm really not sure how this happens when I really don't buy a lot. I purchase tee shirts and magnets from each port, then pictures from the ship and scrap-booking stuff for that cruise/ship. But I know we had a bunch of wet clothes, so maybe that was it???

Anyhow, I decided to purchase another piece of colorful luggage so I knew we would not be over the limit. Plus, I could always use another, especially when the older kids travel with us and borrow some of our luggage we already have back home.

We made our purchases, filled the luggage with some new school clothes for the kids (ended up finding Sakari a few tank tops with anchors on them in addition to some school clothes...score), and headed back to the hotel. I still had not received a phone call yet saying our room was ready and it was 2:00pm already.

The lady at the front desk said they were still getting rooms ready and we were "next" on the list to be called. So, we checked our new luggage in and decided to just head next door to Senor Frogs to get something to eat. Not what I had planned for lunch (wanted some authentic PR meal) but we were super hot, super sweaty, and super tired of walking and just wanted to get to our room to shower and change. Senor Frogs is right next door and believe it or not, I have never ate there before. I know there's one in just about every commercialized port you visit on cruises, but I just never go.

So off to Senor Frogs we went, starved, hot and tired.

P8213390%20copy-L.jpg

P8213389%20copy-L.jpg

Interesting place with a lot to look at

P8213391%20copy-L.jpg

This is a perfect description of what our waitress was...

P8213392%20copy-L.jpg

The hubby and I ordered a chimichanga meal and some pop to drink. We waited and waited and the food arrived in about 45 minutes. When Kendra's food arrived, she really didn't like it AT ALL. Her description said it was pretty close to the taste of "vomit". Eek.

P8213393%20copy-L.jpg

Our waitress did not once come back to check on us. I spent a lot of time looking around for her...I guess she was on break. The place was really not full at all...maybe 3 families eating and 2 people at the bar. Finally I spotted her and flagged her over. I told her I need a pop refill and told her Kendra really didn't like her meal. She ask if she wanted something else and Kendra ordered again.

We would wait and wait for our drinks to come back and I HAVE to have something to drink with my meal, to wash it down, or I get mad hiccups, which was starting. Finally the drinks came and we finished our meal. Kendra was still waiting on her food. (She ordered spaghetti...how long can it possibly take for them to make spaghetti???).

I flagged the waitress down again and ask for another drink since we were going to be waiting on Kendra now. She waited to bring the drinks out with Kendra's new meal, which she said was ok.

We headed outside to take some pictures of the area and pictures with Mr Frog while we were waiting on Kendra to finish. Then a lady that was totally geeking on something came up to us and ask for money. Nope, we don't carry money on us. Can I get some food? Um, no sorry, we don't carry that on us either. She started flipping out, crying, talking out of her mind about she might as well just die, no one cares about her blah blah blah...it just went on and on. Then she'd all of a sudden forget the story and head for the next victim walking down the street. Over and over. Then she came by us again and said "I'm going in here to see if I can just have a piece of bread".

Now I see a lot of people standing around with signs back home, asking for money or food and saying they are homeless. But, this lady was ridiculous and just wouldn't take no for an answer and was totally hounding people and jumping in front of them.

P8213394%20copy-L.jpg

So back into Senor Frogs we went and obviously Kendra was done with her meal and had went to the restroom, but where are the kids??? I sat back down and noticed my drink was now at the table. I waited until I seen Kendra come back and she told me how the waitress was freaking out because she walked out to the table and we were all gone. Well, what do you know...she checked up on us. She didn't bother to take our dirty plates away or nothing. She was the worse waitress ever.

We paid our expensive bill $86 and noticed they charged for every single refill of pop we got. Geesh. I didn't realize they do that or I would have slowed down.

Then we headed back to the hotel in hopes that our room would be ready because it was now a little after 4pm and STILL NO PHONE CALL!!! Check in is at 3pm.

Back at the hotel to see if our room was ready and it was. I ask why we didn't get a phone call as promised (not that it would have mattered because it took us 2 hours for our meal, but still). They said they tried to call a few times. Well, they repeated the number back to me and IT WAS WRONG! Even after giving it to the lady 3x when we check in.

Oh well...we headed over to collect our luggage and off to our room we went. I'm not sure if this was the room we booked or if we just got lucky because it was on the end and it was HUGE!!!! It was like a studio apartment without the kitchen, but you sure could have added one because there was a lot of open space.

It had it's own bedroom too.

P8213396-L.jpg

P8213397-L.jpg

P8213399-L.jpg

P8213398-L.jpg

P8213400-L.jpg

P8213410-L.jpg

The room had an opening for a window, which turned out to be a "small" balcony. I wasn't sure if it opened, but we finally figured it out (you have to unlock it and then there's other locks at the top and bottom as well).

P8213404-L.jpg

P8213412-L.jpg

P8213413-L.jpg

P8213414-L.jpg

This would be the perfect place to wake up the morning of your cruise and see the ship in port. How cool. Excellent view.

Edited by mitsugirly

I headed back over to the balcony to get some more pictures of the Fascination sitting in port. It was such a beautiful view.

P8213416-L.jpg

"S" for super Sheraton.

P8213415-L.jpg

P8213417-L.jpg

P8213418-L.jpg

This is a better look at the "balconies" hehe

P8213420-L.jpg

Down below is a restaurant.

P8213422-L.jpg