Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us and for writing up all these amazing reviews. I know they take so much time and work but they are appreciated tremendously. I used your reviews to help make decisions on our last cruise and now I really want to go to San Juan and St. Lucia based on your pictures and experience.

Thanks for the comments.

Are you kidding me?? A train brings out the meal? Why am I just now hearing about this? I'm looking this up for sure. No one on here has mentioned this before. Thanks!

OMG we went as children to a place in Forest Hills NY that did that too! I believe if I remember it was called Hamburger Express and it closed eons ago but wow what memories this has brought up! Now I REALLY am going to PR

Thanks for the comments.

Are you kidding me?? A train brings out the meal? Why am I just now hearing about this? I'm looking this up for sure. No one on here has mentioned this before. Thanks!

OMG we went as children to a place in Forest Hills NY that did that too! I believe if I remember it was called Hamburger Express and it closed eons ago but wow what memories this has brought up! Now I REALLY am going to PR

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us and for writing up all these amazing reviews. I know they take so much time and work but they are appreciated tremendously. I used your reviews to help make decisions on our last cruise and now I really want to go to San Juan and St. Lucia based on your pictures and experience.

You are very welcome and thank you for commenting with such lovely words. I appreciate it.

I like to think positively. Think you got lucky.

That's what I figured. That's what happens when you are last on the list to get a room. LOL

Thanks so much for another wonderfully detailed review! Have fun on your next cruise, and I hope it meets Sakari's expectations, LOL!

I do to since it's all she has talked about for the last 5 years. :eek:

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed it.

I will just have to read about some of your ports again since I just booked again for the week after Thanksgiving. Got free air to SJU so I am off again :)

Lucky you. Have a great time!

Kim,

Thank you for this amazing review! So detailed & it will be helpful to so many people. I'm planning on this cruise in fall of 2018. I'm hoping for a different ship by then but if not--I know the Fascination is fine. I will surely re-read your review before we go. Your family is adorable:)

Kim,

Thank you for this amazing review! So detailed & it will be helpful to so many people. I'm planning on this cruise in fall of 2018. I'm hoping for a different ship by then but if not--I know the Fascination is fine. I will surely re-read your review before we go. Your family is adorable:)

Well thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you have a wonderful time when you go in 2018. It's an amazing itinerary. :)

Yea, about 4 months ago they won the court case for the abuse of power. Then several days ago they won the appeal too. Now they are just waiting on the final order to have the animals returned. I just hope they are all returned in good health and not mistreated. It's such a sad situation that they can be done this way.

Hmmm, I wonder if the other poster heard they had won the appeal and just assumed the animals were already back. :confused:

Oh gosh, I forgot to share with you this really cool magnet I got from Puerto Rico.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P9203672-L.jpg

I want that cruising Puerto Rico magnet! I don't have a magnet from Puerto Rico yet because the only time we stopped there I never made it off the ship. :( Our short, early AM day and bad knees got the better of me that day.It was the only time I have ever stayed on the ship while we were in port. At least I has a great view of the harbor and airport from my lounger on our balcony. Of course, that does mean I have to get back to PR so I can actually get off the ship and see some of the island.

Kim, I finally got to finish your review and all I can say is that was EPIC!!! Thank You for all the thought, work, and love that you put into every one of your reviews. The best news is, I don't have to wait to long for the next one!! :D

Kim - Thanks for taking the time to do such great reviews! I loved PR when we did a stop there and want to go back and spend more time too.

Thanks for the comment. It's funny that the first time we went there, it was nice or "ok", but it didn't really hit me as a "I gotta go back!" type of place. Staying there...it's now an I gotta go back place. So much to see and do and such a lovely place.

Kim, I finally got to finish your review and all I can say is that was EPIC!!! Thank You for all the thought, work, and love that you put into every one of your reviews. The best news is, I don't have to wait to long for the next one!! :D

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. You better get back to your review, you were already over-due and people upset. ("today or Thursday comment lol).

Just back from Bermuda and finished reading your review tonight. As always a great job and nice way to relax after the 8 hour drive home.

LOL I hear you ... we stayed in the Sheraton last May and made that HOT HUMID walk @ 11am rolling the suitcases over the cobblestones to Liberty!

You were definitely upgraded, as that's one of their deluxe suites, with the balcony view of the ship. We were upgraded to a similar room, albeit, not that view, I would have loved that... the other 2 rooms we had were just 'normal' hotel rooms with 2 double beds, but were large too.

We had dinner the night before our cruise at Senor Frogs (our first time at one too) and weren't that impressed with the food either, the drinks were good and we did have fun, but, for the price we paid, weren't really satisfied... live and learn!

Edited by aztekpm

I finally caught up. I got so busy with work and then I would try to read at least 2 pages a day but it took a week or more to finally totally read through. It was another awesome trip.

I sent you a friend request on Facebook a few days ago...if you want to accept. (my profile pic is me being hugged by Elmo).

When you take underwater pictures do you use the flash or no flash? I have one of the models of cameras that you have and I am really liking it. I had it just over a year now and though its not like my SLR it does take goo daylight pictures. I have only had a few chances to use it IN water so far (cruise in Feb was too cold to go in water, and in Jamaica I used it a bit but when I snorkeled it was super rough due to a tropical storm so I wasn't out long at all) but so far the few pics I have taken are not that clear. Mostly the blue or green tinge to them. It might be just the water I was in.

We are cruising in just under 4 weeks to the Eastern Caribbean and I have some excursions planned where I will get to test it out again (and bringing my snorkel gear too). I also have a fuji underwater camera but those pics are great but I think I'll let my daughter use it and I know she will have fun with that.

I have had the same surgery that Kendra had ...about 20 years ago and never regretted it once. If it boost your self confidence and makes you feel good about yourself I am all for it.

Your pictures around the president statues just totally cracked me up. That is something we would do as a family too.

I look forward to your next review.

Just back from Bermuda and finished reading your review tonight. As always a great job and nice way to relax after the 8 hour drive home.

LOL I hear you ... we stayed in the Sheraton last May and made that HOT HUMID walk @ 11am rolling the suitcases over the cobblestones to Liberty!

You were definitely upgraded, as that's one of their deluxe suites, with the balcony view of the ship. We were upgraded to a similar room, albeit, not that view, I would have loved that... the other 2 rooms we had were just 'normal' hotel rooms with 2 double beds, but were large too.

We had dinner the night before our cruise at Senor Frogs (our first time at one too) and weren't that impressed with the food either, the drinks were good and we did have fun, but, for the price we paid, weren't really satisfied... live and learn!

That's what I figured about the "upgrade". Man that room was nice. It made me wish I would have just stayed there an extra night instead of Isla Verde since we really didn't get to enjoy the ocean there that night. I wonder what that room is called so I can request it again next time we go. Probably a 1 bedroom suite or something.

I finally caught up. I got so busy with work and then I would try to read at least 2 pages a day but it took a week or more to finally totally read through. It was another awesome trip.

I sent you a friend request on Facebook a few days ago...if you want to accept. (my profile pic is me being hugged by Elmo).

When you take underwater pictures do you use the flash or no flash? I have one of the models of cameras that you have and I am really liking it. I had it just over a year now and though its not like my SLR it does take goo daylight pictures. I have only had a few chances to use it IN water so far (cruise in Feb was too cold to go in water, and in Jamaica I used it a bit but when I snorkeled it was super rough due to a tropical storm so I wasn't out long at all) but so far the few pics I have taken are not that clear. Mostly the blue or green tinge to them. It might be just the water I was in.

We are cruising in just under 4 weeks to the Eastern Caribbean and I have some excursions planned where I will get to test it out again (and bringing my snorkel gear too). I also have a fuji underwater camera but those pics are great but I think I'll let my daughter use it and I know she will have fun with that.

I have had the same surgery that Kendra had ...about 20 years ago and never regretted it once. If it boost your self confidence and makes you feel good about yourself I am all for it.

Your pictures around the president statues just totally cracked me up. That is something we would do as a family too.

I look forward to your next review.

Ok, I will look for you on FB.

I think my camera automatically flashes if needed but I never really notice it flashing. I just put it on the underwater setting(s) and go. I never mess with the flash (except above land inside).

Yes, the water has to be clear and pretty much sunny out to get the really good pictures. I have found that when a cloud rolls in, the pictures are not as clear or if the water is stirred up it's not the greatest. If you notice, a lot of my pictures I'm right up on what I'm taking a picture of. Those are the best shots. If you get any distance away and especially if you are pointing the camera out straight into the water (instead of down), the pictures have more of a greenish look and not as clear. Trust me, I'll take hundreds of pictures just to get the good ones. It kinda a hit or miss when in the water. I could take 10 pictures of the same thing and end up with only 2 that might be decent enough to use. For all the good ones I post, there are probably about 4-5 bad ones of the same thing. LOL That's how I end up with so many pictures when on vacation.

I have the 2 Olympus Tough cameras...and just yesterday I ordered an extra 2 batteries because they always die out before the day is over and several times when in a port. Them I'm playing the game of turning off the camera and then back on real quick, snap a picture, then off again to save on the battery. The only time I can't do that is when I'm snorkeling because I might miss something. :D

Thanks for the comment about Kendra. She has said since she was a teen that she wanted them and she finally got her wish. I'm not embarrassed about it so I don't see the harm in talking about it. It's just not something that bothers me. I mean I grew up with it with my (real) mom and she has quite a few surgeries (not all just for enhancement but a few because of back in the day the type she had started leaking and had to be replaced). She always said if she got breast cancer, she'd just have to die with it because no one was taking her tata's from her. :eek: :p

I really need to get planning on my next cruise. It will be here before you know it. I just started my next class in this semester and have been slammed. They always throw so much at you the first week. I guess they try to weed out the weak. LOL

Thanks again for all your comments. I appreciate it.

Kim, I am so thankful for finding your review! We are newbies to cruising and will be on the same itinerary in May! I can hardly wait! Your review is priceless! I was desperate to find some Fun Times from this cruise and start "researching" options (knowing they could change by May, of course). When I click on your pics of the Fun Times, I can not zoom in enough to read it, they are blurry. Am I doing something wrong? Any chance you could repost the Fun Times from this cruise? I really am interested in the far right column and would be so incredibly indebted to you. Thanks a million!

Kim, I am so thankful for finding your review! We are newbies to cruising and will be on the same itinerary in May! I can hardly wait! Your review is priceless! I was desperate to find some Fun Times from this cruise and start "researching" options (knowing they could change by May, of course). When I click on your pics of the Fun Times, I can not zoom in enough to read it, they are blurry. Am I doing something wrong? Any chance you could repost the Fun Times from this cruise? I really am interested in the far right column and would be so incredibly indebted to you. Thanks a million!

Thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed the review.

As for the fun times, I can (hopefully) post a bigger picture of it on here?

P9053641%20copy-X2.jpg

P9053643%20copy-X2.jpg

P9053645%20copy-X2.jpg

P9053647%20copy-X2.jpg

P9053649%20copy-X2.jpg

P9053651%20copy-X2.jpg

Oh my gosh! Thank you so incredibly much for posting these! You have NO idea how grateful I am!!! Is the back of the Fun Times blank, or a map or something? Also, do you have Sunday's Fun Times (if there is one?) Thanks again! You are a real gem!