Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

Thank you so much. You MUST make it to St Lucia and Barbados. Absolutely gorgeous and such a great time!

Aww, I wanna be on the Allure!!!! We will be on the Epic on 11/12 (hubbys birthday). :D I wonder if we'll be in any of the cruise ports on the same day. (St Thomas, Tortola)?

Ahh we almost chose Epic but Allure had a great deal at the time! We are doing a western itinerary, although I wish we could go back to Tortola, loved brewers bay there!

Mitsugirly, you might have already answered this... but if you had to choose between Sapphire Beach and Coki, which one would it be? I am trying to decide between the two and you have been so enthusiastic about both that I can't seem to decide :D

For snorkeling that is.

Edited by Piggeldy

I love your pictures. Cannot wait to go back to Lindqvist in March. Glad it has not gotten too crowded yet.

We had pretty much went over the sandy/grassy area in the front of us. I knew I wanted to explore a little more down the area, but wanted to take a break first. I headed out and back up to our "table"

P8151410%20copy-L.jpg

P8151412%20copy-L.jpg

P8151413%20copy-L.jpg

P8151417%20copy-L.jpg

P8151415%20copy-L.jpg

Wow! Thanks again, you are a dream! Speaking of, when do you ever rest? ;)

You are welcome and I NEVER SLEEP! :p I once had a cruise director (I think on the Pride???) tell me when she seen me yawning at one of the shows in the theater "No yawning, you can sleep when you're dead". I usually go to bed around 2am or so. :)

Ahh we almost chose Epic but Allure had a great deal at the time! We are doing a western itinerary, although I wish we could go back to Tortola, loved brewers bay there!

The Allure had a great deal? Man I wish I could find those great deals. Every time I check RCL it doesn't take long before I go back to checking out cruises with NCL or Carnival. RCL has some crazy prices I'm not willing to pay right now.

Mitsugirly, you might have already answered this... but if you had to choose between Sapphire Beach and Coki, which one would it be? I am trying to decide between the two and you have been so enthusiastic about both that I can't seem to decide :D

For snorkeling that is.

I would pick Coki. Just the variety of things and colors that I seen there that day made it one of my favorite snorkeling places. Coki...definitely. :)

what type of bag do you bring for your ice/drinks that you carry off the ship?

It's a fold up insulated bag. This was a topic of conversation on one of my other reviews. I'll have to see if I can find it. I gave the name and picture of it. It completely fold up flat and has Velcro on the side to hold it together flat. Then when you undo it, it forms a square box shape and has a flap with a zipper at the top and also a carrying strap.

"Where were these kids parents during this? They should have put an end to this as soon as it started."

Funny seeing this statement of yours. We did this itinerary/ship back in May and the kids were rampant with NO supervision whatsoever. They would RUN along that wooden divider, cannonball in between people when the pool was totally full etc. It was our exact quote, "where are their parents?"

I will wait to read the rest of your review before I say any more to see if you have any more to say!! Im way behind on this reading as Ive been away from CC for awhile. Loving the review though! Bringing back memories of our last cruise.

"Where were these kids parents during this? They should have put an end to this as soon as it started."

Funny seeing this statement of yours. We did this itinerary/ship back in May and the kids were rampant with NO supervision whatsoever. They would RUN along that wooden divider, cannonball in between people when the pool was totally full etc. It was our exact quote, "where are their parents?"

I will wait to read the rest of your review before I say any more to see if you have any more to say!! Im way behind on this reading as Ive been away from CC for awhile. Loving the review though! Bringing back memories of our last cruise.

Glad you are liking the review. I guess I'm just an over concerned mother and over protective. Even when we had a pool and my oldest kids were teenagers, I would still sit outside where I could see them and make sure they were ok. I was always afraid that they would fall and hit their heads on the side of the pool, the concrete, or the slide. Maybe it's the nurse coming out in me to be over protective because I see the tragedy that can happen. :eek:

Thank you for another thoroughly entertaining cruise blog! So the $50,000 question is did you encounter any mosquitoes in any of the ports? We all know about the Zika risk, but I've never actually seen mosquitoes on my Caribbean cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, no problems with mosquitoes when we went...not even in PR. PR did have the sand fleas when we were at both of the hotels that drove us nuts though. :)

Sakari has issues with her ears on planes. We have tried everything from gum to the airplane plugs you buy at the drug store. This time I decided to bring my super expensive Bose sound deadening earphones I bought when I was back in school trying to study and take exams to see if that worked. (She only has issues coming down, not up. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate it). I'm still kicking myself for spending so much just to be able to get some studying done. Ugh

I have had issues with my ears on planes for YEARS. I feel for Sakari. It's not fun at all. May I suggest you try something next time that my ENT told me about years ago? My regimen is a to take a decongestant (like Sudafed) a half hour before the flight (so just around when you board), when I am buckled in my seat I take a nasal spray in each nostril, and then I wear the airplane ear plugs (sometimes I wear them for the whole flight, other times i just need them for landing).

Of all the different methods I've tried, this combination works wonders! The pain used to have me fear flying but I no longer have the pain when I so these three steps. I hope it works for Sakari too.

This is my first time reading your review. I'm glad I found it. I did this itinerary two years ago and it was port intensive. I don't know if I will do this one again because of all the ports, but I'm glad I did go. I loved San Juan. Your hotel was gorgeous. I will now continue to read your review:)

Marilyn

This is my first time reading your review. I'm glad I found it. I did this itinerary two years ago and it was port intensive. I don't know if I will do this one again because of all the ports, but I'm glad I did go. I loved San Juan. Your hotel was gorgeous. I will now continue to read your review:)

Marilyn

Well hello there and glad you are enjoying the review.

I know what you mean about it being so port intensive. I wasn't really sure how I would feel about it myself. Not only was it port intensive, but also so jam packed with intensive non-stop-go before and after the cruise as well. However, I think this was honestly my favorite cruise ever! I really did end up enjoying the non-stop go and so many islands to see.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT...about this cruise is that I wish they would reverse it. Instead of having a sea day in the beginning, I would rather have one toward the end. That gives you some time to have a day to relax after doing so much AND time to pack closer to the end. LOL That is what REALLY threw me off. :p

Thanks again for your review. I can't wait until we go in 2018. I also would rather have the last day at sea. I enjoy the ports but i love a relaxed day at sea. Take care of your wonderful family, and happy cruisin.:)

Thanks so much for the comments. I hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise in 2018.

I'm not the "relaxing" kind of person (as you can probably tell with my reviews). I'm always on the go and can't stand to sit still for very long. :p

Great review thanks for taking the time to do it!! You should definitely consider the Aruba/Curaçao cruise. Aruba has some really great beaches (not great snorkeling) and Curaçao has some of the best snorkeling there is! Plus it's such a cute place. Colorful buildings and the floating bridge. You usually have a long day in port in one or the other as they are so close to each other.

We loved the Southern itinerary except how port intensive it is. Wish there was some way of adding a couple of sea days at the end to relax and unwind. We talked about doing it as a back to back relaxing on half the ports one week and going ashore on the other week.

I am going through cruise withdrawal. We were cruising 3 times a year and then decided to move to Florida to be able to be closer to ports and now it's be 16 months since being on a ship:mad: it just been hard starting new jobs and building a pool(which was a must in Florida but very expensive). But hopefully we will be on a ship again soon. :D

Thanks again for the review have used ones like this to get so many ideas that have helped us along the way with picking things to do, restaurants etc. I love snorkeling so I really loved all your under water pics.

Great review thanks for taking the time to do it!! You should definitely consider the Aruba/Curaçao cruise. Aruba has some really great beaches (not great snorkeling) and Curaçao has some of the best snorkeling there is! Plus it's such a cute place. Colorful buildings and the floating bridge. You usually have a long day in port in one or the other as they are so close to each other.

We loved the Southern itinerary except how port intensive it is. Wish there was some way of adding a couple of sea days at the end to relax and unwind. We talked about doing it as a back to back relaxing on half the ports one week and going ashore on the other week.

I am going through cruise withdrawal. We were cruising 3 times a year and then decided to move to Florida to be able to be closer to ports and now it's be 16 months since being on a ship:mad: it just been hard starting new jobs and building a pool(which was a must in Florida but very expensive). But hopefully we will be on a ship again soon. :D

Thanks again for the review have used ones like this to get so many ideas that have helped us along the way with picking things to do, restaurants etc. I love snorkeling so I really loved all your under water pics.

Thanks so much for you comments. I really do want to do Aruba and Curacao. I have been wanting to for quite some time now. I just have to find that right cruise being offered at the right time. :p

Yea, Southern is very port intensive, but we had a blast and I would really like to do it again.

We always talk about moving to Florida just so we can be closer to the ports (and also I absolutely hate the cold and snow).

I hope you get to cruise soon, but getting a pool would definitely be a priority to me as well. :D

(Crawling out from the work rock here...)

Hi Kim, just FINALLY finished the review and wow!!! I almost had to break away to ask about the monkey purchase but remained disciplined and waited[emoji4]

It sounds like you guys had an AMAZING time- this itinerary was my second favorite when I went, and am glad you had mostly positive experiences!!

Back to the monkey- had NO IDEA you could buy them.... Let us know if/when she procurs one(if it's legal in OH) I would love one but think they are illegal in NYC and with my luck I'd get caught.

I had no idea about that island off of St M- will have to give it a try(sans kayak- I'm in Kendra's boat on that one).

The Sheraton seemed very nice- I stayed at the other Sheraton(by convention center) when I was there and it had a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the port,if you want other tips for a future trip!

I'm looking forward to your EPIC review- where is it going?

I'm behind in my Alaska review(working insane schedule since my return- 11 on, 1 off, 13 on) but I DEFINITELY recommend working it into your cruise plans for next year- will send you more wildlife pics I took[emoji4]

Happy pre cruise working!!!

Stacey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved reading through your review and seeing all your pictures. We are going on this cruise in Jan 2017. Now I'm really excited to go!

I've only cruised twice so sorry if this is a dumb question... My husband was thinking we could get on the ship, drop our bags in our room and then get off the ship and explore old town before the ship leaves San Juan. Do they allow you to do this?