Just booked a cruise

Matlily

just booked what will be my 8th Cruise but have never been to Progresso, looks like its not a favorite with folks, what is there to do thats close by?

Not in the ruins thinking snorkelling or beach day?

Many thanks for any help.

just booked what will be my 8th Cruise but have never been to Progresso, looks like its not a favorite with folks, what is there to do thats close by?

Not in the ruins thinking snorkelling or beach day?

Many thanks for any help.

The main beach in Progreso gets crowded with vendors who are pretty constant. We had to start booking beach excursions with Autoprogreso to Technotel and the Reef Club. They no longer go to the Reef Club but Technotel is ok. Not sure how good the snorkeling would be because the water isn't crystal clear.

We're headed to Progreso in December on Carnival. I have found multiple tours that sound great -- including swimming in cenotes, food tours and fishing trips. Trip Advisor's top 10 things to do in Progreso is really helpful. We may not be able to embark on any of these tours with our 2 year old and 5 year old, but hopefully we can in the future as they get older! I'm convinced that Progreso has a lot to offer, though! William Lawsons tours sound amazing!

A private tour to get out of Progreso is the way to go, for sure. The reason Carnival stops here is not Progreso itself, but the wealth of activities and things to do beyond the port. Food, colonial and Mayan history, cenotes, there really is a lot to see and do. And safe.

Most folks who don't like Progreso, haven't looked beyond the port itself.

• 2 months later...