Pilows - bring my own or are they OK on Anthem

BDL

We were in a FJS for the entire month of April and we did not get a pillow menu and it was definitely not a pillow top mattress that we slept on.:eek:

Seriously, I don't know how you did it. I sleep on a firm mattress at home, and this bed was beyond firm.

Here is what the website says for Sea Class: "When the day’s adventures are done, you’ll want a good night’s sleep. Your suite’s luxury pillow top mattress offers the utmost comfort."

I'm pretty old and I have slept on a lot of beds in my day. It was a hard mattress with a very thin quilted pad protector thing on it. That mattress was a disgrace to suites everywhere.

For one week, you can "make do"...

Not all of us can make do. I take my own pillow on cruises and land vacations and even if just overnight in a hotel. I have bone spurs in my neck and if my neck is not positioned just perfectly on my orthopedic pillow, I won't be able to sleep and will be in pain and have zingers down the ulnar nerve the following day. I haven't found a pillow yet on any cruise ship that I could use.

I do what others have suggested and use "space bags" to bring my pillow. I also have a bad neck and I am completely miserable without proper support.

I agree about the hard beds. We sailed twice on Adventure this year and had the same cabin both times (1688 corner aft). The first cruise on this mattress, I felt like I got beat up or worked out too hard every morning when I woke up. The cabin attendant put extra duvets under the sheet, but it didn't help much. I set out to not have the same experience for my most recent Adventure cruise that I took a few weeks ago.

This time I took with me a camping air mattress that I bought on Amazon. It was called the Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad and cost about $50. It inflates with just a few breaths and packs up very compactly and is extremely lightweight. I put it under the mattress pad on my side of the bed. I slept like a baby the entire cruise. My husband was jealous due to the pain in his hip that resulted from the rock-hard mattress. I plan on taking it with me for our next cruise on Adventure in January of '17. I am not confident that, even after a full dry-dock, that the mattresses will get any better. I suppose that I will need to order one for DH!

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I did pack a pillow for the 9-day cruise but the pillows in our JS were actually not bad. They were so plump my daughter ended up using only one on her bed.

The bed however was hard as a rock and not the wonderful 'pillow top' as I was told. Our wonderful room steward put an extra blanket under each of our sheets and that made them comfortable enough.