First Time on Norwegain

gobucks_43228

I am sailing for the first time on Norwegian out of MIA. In my previous cruise experience with other lines, I would have no issues debarking in time to make a 10 am flight out of FLL. I know it is always a risk but in your experience is self debarking easy with Norwegian or should I change my outgoing flight to a later time? Thank you

I am sailing for the first time on Norwegian out of MIA. In my previous cruise experience with other lines, I would have no issues debarking in time to make a 10 am flight out of FLL. I know it is always a risk but in your experience is self debarking easy with Norwegian or should I change my outgoing flight to a later time? Thank you

Yes. I would move your flight later.

If all things work perfectly, you may make your 10 am flight. Easy Walk-off (where you carry all of your own luggage down the gangway) normally starts around 7:30 am. Depending on which ship you are on, there could be hundreds of other passengers all trying to be the first off the ship. You'll be with that crowd down the gangway, through the terminal, down into the baggage hall, and into Customs. Then to FLL via your favorite transportation, through check -in, through TSA, and to your gate.

You would have to leave the ship by 7:30am to make a 10:00am flight. Many things could delay you. The ship could be late for any number of reasons. There may not be enough customs officials. There could be a delay in clearing the ship for any number of reasons. If you are not in a taxi on your way to FLL Airport by 8:30am, your chances of making the flight become less and less.

What is happening in Port Everglades. Are there are lot of ships in that day, including one of the Oasis class ships? All those people will easily get to FLL ahead of you. You could still be in the security line when you plane takes off without you. What is your back up plan?

You are playing with fire when you book a flight that early. Sure, nineteen times out of twenty everything goes fine. Then on the twentieth time something happens and you miss your flight.

If you want to chance this, that is your choice. I sure would not do it with any line.

Edited by Cuizer2