MSC Photo Pricing

nickw

We just got back from our cruise on the Davina. We got the 10 for $50 with a disc. You only get the 10 photos that you choose on the disc. You can only choose from the 8x10 photos that have a frame and MSC printed on them. You can not choose any of the embarkation or dinning room photos, only the "studio" photos.

It was very disappointing to not get all the photos on the disc as others have posted. The photos were not very good and I would have needed to edit all the different photos to a composite to make one actual good photo from each session. The staircase photos were over exposed and we looked yellow in them. They tried to add editing such as sepia tones which just made us look sick or like we had teeth missing from the shadow variations. Next time I'll just go with the 100 package and scan them to a file to edit.

I told the guy I would have done that if I had known I would not get all the files. He didn't offer any solutions or alternatives, although another guy said that they save the files for 5 months. I may try to contact MSC to see how to get some of the other photos and will post if I am able to.

Just want to make sure I understand this. For $99 you get 100 printed 8 X 10 photos of your trip? Less than $1 a photo? What if I want some smaller prints than 8 X 10, will they do that?

I believe the $99 package gets you *all* the photos (embarkation photos where they put you in front of the green screen/ships wheel or something), along with the gala night photos (where you dress up and they come over and take pictures). those weren't 8x10 (at least when you go hunt them down in the photo gallery, they'd like 5x7 ?)

However, I don't know (since I stupidly got the $59 package instead) if maybe they resize the photos for you in the $99 package.

But you will get them on a CD, so you can print them out to whatever paper size you desire. For example, my package (The $59 one) only included the "portrait" 8x10 photos. I opened one on the CD and reprinted them on 4x6 on my photo printer at home and it came out fine.

I was informed on several different occasions that the $100 package included any pictures that were taken from small to big - Now this is probably the case of several people not understanding what is included because from what I am understanding now its only supposed to be the 8 x 10's

There was a big ordeal with my picture and a bunch of going back and forth and in the end they gave me 100 pictures any size i wanted (it even included 3 of the ones that had the 8x10 and 2 5x7 all on one sheet) and it included the specialty pictures they took in the haven

When I wanted smaller pictures all I had to do was to tell them which picture and size i wanted and they did it for me - this included making duplicates of pictures we decided to use as christmas pictures

We just got back from our cruise on the Davina. We got the 10 for $50 with a disc. You only get the 10 photos that you choose on the disc. You can only choose from the 8x10 photos that have a frame and MSC printed on them. You can not choose any of the embarkation or dinning room photos, only the "studio" photos.

It was very disappointing to not get all the photos on the disc as others have posted. The photos were not very good and I would have needed to edit all the different photos to a composite to make one actual good photo from each session. The staircase photos were over exposed and we looked yellow in them. They tried to add editing such as sepia tones which just made us look sick or like we had teeth missing from the shadow variations. Next time I'll just go with the 100 package and scan them to a file to edit.

I told the guy I would have done that if I had known I would not get all the files. He didn't offer any solutions or alternatives, although another guy said that they save the files for 5 months. I may try to contact MSC to see how to get some of the other photos and will post if I am able to.

We just got back as well. And you can only choose the 8 x10 pictures that are printed by them. The best pictures they printed in larger sizes. I asked if they could print those in an 8 x10 size and they said no. Anyways if I had to do it again, I would get the 100 picture package instead.

• 6 months later...

If you buy the 100 photo package do you have to wait until the last day to pick your 100 photos or can you pick them as you go along? Seems pretty stressful and chaotic to wait until the last night and have to fight the last minute shoppers.

If you buy the 100 photo package do you have to wait until the last day to pick your 100 photos or can you pick them as you go along? Seems pretty stressful and chaotic to wait until the last night and have to fight the last minute shoppers.

We had the 100 pictures package and it was fantastic. You don't need to wait until the final day to get them printed they'll make a note of how many you've printed already .

We went for the smallest print size possible which is 6x8. You can just print these from the machine yourself. Note when you add the photo to the cart on the machine you can remove the Meraviglia border and recentre the pic or zoom in zoom out. Be prepared to see a few different photographers over the week. We used to spend 15-20 mins with a couple most nights and got some lovely pics. I've attached a few here so you can see 50bf2166f8291aaf25ce22822e4bdf3e.jpgb90c1c857532343e9f44929dc77def65.jpg5029fb507fe1d2351e30253e1c72e6c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely pre- purchase the photo package!! My husband and I went on the Divina last December and had a ton of pictures taken. When we would go to the photo counter each evening to have our pictures from the previous night put in our folder, we would ask how much the pictures were going to cost. We kept being told to wait until the last night and they would give us a good deal on all the pictures taken of us. We thought we were going to get an amazing deal since it was the last night of the cruise and they would probably be wanting to make as many sales as they could. Well, they gave us such a ridiculous price that if I hadn't fallen in love with some of the pictures I would have walked away. I ended up buying (4) 8X10's and (5) 10X14's and a DVD of the ship and I was charged $210!! Right now, the pre- purchase price for the picture package in $98 and includes up to 100 pictures. Well worth it!!!

I agree, we also checked out the photos on board and were shocked at the prices. Also: why is there not a price list that we can quietly look over and decide?? The prepurchase deal sounds like an excellent deal as described above, and I wish I had known about it. In the end, we bought nothing, as I thought $20 for a photo was a ridiculous price. And only discount if you buy 10!

Divina pre cruise package price is $ 199 for 100 pictures? Is it still worth it? Does MSC offer any discount for gold member? We have three staterooms so can our family take picture together in this package?

Thanks

How come when I log on, my 100 photo package is $199?

safe sailing

They have changed prices recently I suspect because of the popularity. We only paid £59 for our package and I believe this has now increased to £99. Still good value compared to onboard prices. Looks like US pay even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's my experience . . . Hope this helps . We sailed on the Divina July 22nd through the 29th . We were a family of 9 in 3 separate cabins . I did not totally understand the photo package details before we cruised, and I only purchased the 100 pictures for $98. That deal turned out to be for any pictures of my husband and myself ( who were in the one cabin) and any other pictures that had either he or myself in the picture (meaning if there were pictures with us and the grandchildren , we could select them.) They took a whole bunch of pictures but seriously , who needs 100 pictures of just themselves .

So anyway we collected all the photos taken of the entire family and placed them into our folder each evening . By day 4 we had well over 200 pictures , and the portraits manager offered me a deal of taking all the pictures , which included various sizes ( 8x10, 5x7 and 14x12 ) and a CD with all the pictures for an additional $149.

So for $248 I came home with 239 photos and the CD . Not a bad deal if you ask me. The group shots of the 9 of us are priceless ! And the portraits of my grandchildren are beyond priceless !

On the next cruise we take in June on the Seaside , I will probably pre-purchase the 100 pictures per cabin although I understand the price has gone up considerably .

Can Irish people not prebook the photos I cant see them under my booking

I think they have changed the package.

We sailed in Aug and took the 100 photos (really great deal).

I have rebooked a few days ago on Seaview and looked to book the same package - but it looks as if you have to pay per person now (rather than per cabin as before).

It really was a awesome deal and I have 100 assorted huge (14 x 10) and (8x10) photos.

I had to remind them my package was all inclusive...as at one point there was a wobble about the YC pictures being extra. I just stuck to my guns very confidently and told them that wasn't the case and I could go get the paperwork. The staff seemed quite happy to accept this (after a brief chat).

The extra for the YC pictures was 3 for £50 (approx. I can't remember actual) so 100 for ~80 was a truly great deal and these are studio quality not quick snaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruising October 2017 on Poesia. The 100 photo package is now $105/pp in the same cabin. Adults only as our children were not available to choose to purchase a package for them. There is no other option to buy a smaller photo package. Was that available onboard?

We just got back as well. And you can only choose the 8 x10 pictures that are printed by them. The best pictures they printed in larger sizes. I asked if they could print those in an 8 x10 size and they said no. Anyways if I had to do it again, I would get the 100 picture package instead.

The website says it is $98 per person.. I have 4 people in my cabin...is the website wrong and it is $98 per cabin? this is December on the Meraviglia

When I purchased this package on the Divina in July it had also been advertised as per person , but it was per cabin. Call customer service at MSC and they will confirm it as per cabin , then definitely prepurchase the deal . It is so much more to purchase the photos on board .

• 1 month later...

I love photos so will definitely be purchasing a package ahead of time. I understand the 100 photos for 99.00 from the information that everyone has posted here on the site. I am seeing a new option that I have not seen before and was wondering if anyone has purchased or has information on this package. It is the VIP photo sea card. It says it gives you all your photos in digital form which is 52.00. Does this include all photos even the Gala pictures? If you take 200 photos all are included and you have rights to print at Costco or a CVS? Sounds too good to be true?

I love photos so will definitely be purchasing a package ahead of time. I understand the 100 photos for 99.00 from the information that everyone has posted here on the site. I am seeing a new option that I have not seen before and was wondering if anyone has purchased or has information on this package. It is the VIP photo sea card. It says it gives you all your photos in digital form which is 52.00. Does this include all photos even the Gala pictures? If you take 200 photos all are included and you have rights to print at Costco or a CVS? Sounds too good to be true?

For our trip in Dec I was able to get the digital photo package for $52.00 , I think this is a better deal compared to the other packages on my last cruise we got the 199.00 for 100 photos this was just too many to carry off and I did not like them all but still took them because I paid for them. I think simply printing mine off back home is going to work better and also we post most of our photos on social media anyway so all the prints will go to waste. I called and the rep said that it is any and every photo we have taken on the ship so this would include the gala photos.

• 5 years later...

Hey,

We are going on the Divina in the next two weeks. The 'unlimited' photo package has been offered for £92. I assume, this is per cabin, however, when we go and book it, it allows me to tick both my wife and I. Before I ring MSC, is it still the case it's one per cabin? 

When we were on the Preziosa last October, they didn't have the digital photo stations working, everything was printed off. Is this the same on this ship??