Pandora Charm

Cruisecrazy2003

Carnival does not have Pandora charms. Disney is the only line I've sailed on that has Pandora charms. I've not seen them on any other ships other than in jewelry stores at ports of call.

It's the one souvenir I would happily come home with if it were available for purchase onboard as evidenced by our onboard bill when we sailed with Disney. I think I bought about 6 charms because I had not seen them anywhere else.

I wish! Trust me, if they did, I would be the first to buy one!

I have managed to get a location-specific one at a port on each of my cruises so far, though. Next cruise I'm planning to get one in St Maarten.

631c4856ef06286585689961cabcf19e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Although they may say so to get you to purchase, Pandora does not sell charms unique to various countries. I recently returned from a Baltic cruise and purchased a charm for my Granddaughter as an Xmas gift. This was in Denmark and the lady said it was the Ameliaborg castle and unique to that country. I bought one for my own bracelet and one for her. Upon returning home, I found it in my local Pandora store. I did pay a bit more in Denmark as their taxes are high but was able to get a rebate on that at the airport upon my return home. The only cruise charm I've ever seen is the little ship which you can buy just about anywhere.

Carnival does not have Pandora charms. Disney is the only line I've sailed on that has Pandora charms. I've not seen them on any other ships other than in jewelry stores at ports of call.

It's the one souvenir I would happily come home with if it were available for purchase onboard as evidenced by our onboard bill when we sailed with Disney. I think I bought about 6 charms because I had not seen them anywhere else.

Although they may say so to get you to purchase, Pandora does not sell charms unique to various countries.

Actually, they very much do sell country-exclusive and region-exclusive charms. But you have to do your research ahead of time to know which ones really are exclusives. Also, occasionally charms will start out as exclusive to a particular location, but then they will release it world-wide. For example, originally all of the Pandora rose collection was only sold in Australia.

I have managed to get a location-specific one at a port on each of my cruises so far, though. Next cruise I'm planning to get one in St Maarten.

I did not know they had those most places!! I have a Maui one but the paint has worn out of the engraving.

That's an interesting find.

How expensive are these charms? I have never bought one myself that have all been gifts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, they very much do sell country-exclusive and region-exclusive charms. But you have to do your research ahead of time to know which ones really are exclusives. Also, occasionally charms will start out as exclusive to a particular location, but then they will release it world-wide. For example, originally all of the Pandora rose collection was only sold in Australia.

Thanks for the info. I love all of my Disney charms - the ones only available at the parks or on the ship because they are unique and a great memory from a trip that we have taken. I also like that they aren't available in 'all' of the stores and you have to know what you're looking for before you go on a trip to get them.

I've made notes for myself to look for port specific ones on future cruises. Those would be extra special as well.

How expensive are these charms? I have never bought one myself that have all been gifts

They were between $50-$60 USD I believe. My husband always buys me them, so I can't recall the exact amount. I just know they charge more than the regular price of the charm since they have to pay to get them engraved.

You pay once for the charm. Then you pay for the engraving. 2 separate bills. Because like I said before Pandora will never engrave on their charms.

Nope, this is not true. There are many Pandora stores that sell engraved muranos. They send the charms out to be engraved themselves, and then they sell them already engraved for a price that is higher than the normal price for the murano. You pay once. There is no separate bill. I have purchased many engraved muranos, not just the ones in the picture I posted, so trust me, I know what I am talking about.