Questions re "De Librije", special dinner, Eurodam

ON cruiser

Greetings; as we will be on the Eurodam this Fall we may go to the special diner on the evening when the Pinnacle transforms into "de librije" (please pardon my likely spelling errors). It is $69 per person, per the HAL website.

My questions are for those who recently went to this dinner on Eurodam:

1) whether the Mariner discount for 3 and 4 stars applies to this, so the price per person is discounted from that amount?

2) if any poster has done this recently, what were most attendees wearing (and was the event on a "gala" night)?

3) was it worth it (would you return)?

Many thanks for your replies. Smooth sailing,

ON Cruiser

1) Yes, mariner discount applies.

2) Dress is the same as for the rest of the ship that night. In my experience, Die Librije does not typically fall on a gala night.

3) This is a subjective question. In my view, absolutely. If I had to make a choice between Die Librije and Le Cirque I would do the former every time. But there are people who would say precisely the opposite.

... when the Pinnacle transforms into "de librije" (please pardon my likely spelling errors) ...
No worries: you got it absolutely correct.

I would say that if you've not done it and you're genuinly curious about the experience, then it's worth doing once. Then you can decide whether you'd do it again on the next cruise. We've done it once and we were glad that we did, but we'd be ambivalent about doing it again in the near future.

Thanks to the two posters above for their helpful replies, and apologies for my delayed acknowledgment (we were away Sunday). I think we will try the "De Librije dinner once, as was suggested. We tried Le Cirque a couple of times yet prefer the regular Pinnacle menu over that. Indeed, personal preferences may vary.

With the Mariner discount applied, the specialty experiences in the Pinnacle are in my view worth trying at least once.

Bon voyage to all!

Out take is much the same as others. We thought is was worth going to once. The service (different dinnerware was neat) is the same but the food choices are unique. We don't think we will do it over the normal Pinnacle menu again.

Having been to De Librije on three occasions now, I guess we are hooked. This was the best meal we have had on HAL and will repeat it again if the chance arrives. Great to try new things.

Good to hear :). We're loooking forward to trying our first one on the Rotterdam ;)

Having been to De Librije on three occasions now, I guess we are hooked. This was the best meal we have had on HAL and will repeat it again if the chance arrives. Great to try new things.

We were on the Eurodam Oct 2015 when the menu was changed. We asked about it and were told that the proportions were small.

Is true or not? My DH isn't a huge eater, but he does like a decent size proportion for dinner.

What wines are served with the meal?

Yes, the meals are smaller than normal Pinnacle meals which are often too big for me. I found the meals large enough to satisfy me.

The wines are chosen to match the food selected and the wine waiter will explain each wine with each dish selected.

We left feeling very contented.