World Cruise 2018 on QE2 or HAL

tgetz

From my experience...

The crew does change when there contracts are up. We had one captain for the first month and then another for the following three. The Entertainment Director left us after three weeks, took six weeks off, then returned. I was lucky to have the same room steward and MDR server the entire trip.

Don't think there is any difference in food or dress code. The items on the menu may repeat but I don't think there were ever the exact same choices repeated together (but not 100% sure).

There is a cocktail party and a farewell dinner each segment. Your onboard account is settled at the end of each segment and you also get your free internet minutes (when you get to that level in the loyalty program) renewed each segment.

The programs by the Royal Cunard Singers and Dancers repeat each segment. Other entertainers do not repeat.

Thanks for the insight....with HAL we settled our bill once at the end, never had the same show twice from either guest or house entertainers, and only a single welcome and farewell party. Only got perks once. Muster drill once a month (except new people). Individual menu items repeated, but never the entire same menu. No personnel turnover at any level (probably a few exceptions but rare)

Thanks for the insight....with HAL we settled our bill once at the end, never had the same show twice from either guest or house entertainers, and only a single welcome and farewell party. Only got perks once. Muster drill once a month (except new people). Individual menu items repeated, but never the entire same menu. No personnel turnover at any level (probably a few exceptions but rare)

We only had to do muster drill once. We were invited to attend others but not required. In fact, nobody checked if you went to that first one!

My apologies. I was the one who incorrectly posted @blogspot.com instead of .blogspot.com

Do read it; it is an excellent wc blog with great photos.

Thank you, Oahucruiser, I have taken your advice. It's an excellent blog.

Ricki