Regal Questions

scottbet

Three weeks until cruise and getting excited!

Last summer we were on the Coral, which we loved, and enjoyed the covered pool. Does the Regal have a covered pool? Or an adults only pool?

Also wondering if it will be too cold--New England/Canada-- to enjoy MUTS?

Have to say...I am a little nervous about cruising on the Regal. We really loved the small Coral with the walk-around promenade.

T

Have to say...I am a little nervous about cruising on the Regal. We really loved the small Coral with the walk-around promenade.

The Coral is not small, its actually longer then the Grand Class ships, jut not as wide.

The Regal is a beautiful ship. Whats to worry about?

A little late to be worried. :eek:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Last summer we were on the Coral, which we loved, and enjoyed the covered pool. Does the Regal have a covered pool? Or an adults only pool?

The Regal & Royal's adult pool is the Retreat Pool (just aft of Sanctuary) & is uncovered. The Royal was very windy & they added a wind deflector on the Regal but don't know if that minimized the wind. The Majestic's pool has been covered for Chinese cruises.

Whether MUTS is too cold is a subjective decision...it'll be cold but you can bundle under a blanket. Another good thing about the Royal-class ships is that the next day the MUTS movie will be available on-demand on their great TV entertainment system.

Hopefully you will enjoy the Regal as much as we did plus on the Royal (6 weeks total) and is why we're booked on another Royal cruise. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were on the Royal, basically the same as the Regal. No covered pools on board. No wrap around promenade deck, but there is a nice sized seating area at the center of the ship with comfortable chairs, although much of it is uncovered.

As for MUTS, what is too cold for DW may be different than what's too cold for me or for you. You would have to look at the forecast and determine for yourself. I do remember that they used to offer blankets, not sure if they have cut that out or not.

You'll enjoy the Regal, we thoroughly enjoyed the Royal with the beautiful piazza and one of our favorite places to eat, Alfredo's.

No covered pool. The adults only pool is the Retreat pool at Deck 17 (Sun) Fwd.

We just bring sweat shirts or light jacket during this peiod and blankets are available for MUTS.

The pool is not covered. I live in Boston and it will get cold at night in October.

Canada ??

Tony

We were on the Royal on a NE/Canada cruise two years ago next month. Mid Oct. We went up to MUTS one nite to watch the Steelers game. I thought I would freeze to death up there and my friend who is from upstate NY originally was even colder! There was one woman bundled up in a fancy sleeping bag thing. Needless to say we didn't last too long "under the stars"!! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As Astro Flyer pointed out, the on-demand stateroom TV's on the Royal/Regal will offer the same movie. We found that we preferred our own version of "MUTS:" Movies Under The Sheets. :)

I like your version of in-cabin MUTS...that works for me! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer