NCL Water Bottle Size in Water Pkg?

PierceChristopher

Sorry I mis spelled it :)

Aqua Panna which is spring water. Not bottled tap water ;) sorry for the sarcasm but my belief.

I emailed NCL to find out where on the ship I can get it. It comes in 750ml bottles.

You can purchase the water at a discount prior to the cruise ... seee https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

Note that the pricing does not include an extra 18% for the service charge.

These are 1 liter Aquafina bottles, which retail for $1.99 at my local supermarket. A 12-pack of Aquafina 1 liter bottles will cost you $47.14 if you purchase before you board. From my local supermarket, it would cost half that, $24. Others have noted they can buy other brands or unbranded water at much less, and that other cruise lines charge much less.

They carry the most expensive water in the most expensive size; they could easily have 1/2 liter (500ml or 16.9 ounces) of Aquafina at half that cost and have a larger gross margin percentage, so I'm not sure why they do it this way.

You can buy packages on board. I was on a 12 day cruise port intensive. I drank water from the different venues. On the SPIRIT the staff would walk around the sun decks with glasses of Ice water. I bought a 6 pack for my room. With service fee about $24.00 I believe they are a 1 liter. I hate carrying bottles around. If I was thirsty in port I would buy a cold bottle of water pretty cheap.

My first cruise I carried my water and sodas on board. Never again after that.

After paying 3.50 at the Miami airport for a 16 oz . I don't complain anymore about bottled water prices.

On debarkation day I had a bottle left. I took it with me.

They said it was for security reasons, maybe. If so the rest of the lines will follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean Aquafina?? That is the brand being sold aboard ship.

I've never heard of Aqua Penna, and I even googled it.

Your Google might be broken :) When I searched for "Aqua Penna", Google suggested "Acqua Panna" and it was the very first return

"Acqua Panna is an Italian brand of bottled water. Acqua Panna takes its name from the Villa Panna in the hills of Tuscany, where the natural spring was first discovered."

Edited by esm54687

I think it terrible that you can't bring your own water ( or pop)on the ship and then they gouge you with the terrible price of water.... My family is going in Jan. One has 3 kids and the other 2...Can you imagine how much this is going to cost them... NCL wake up and change the policy back to were it was...Don't we pay you enough for the cruise???

And travelers who empty the water and fill it with booze...This is all your fault because you get a thrill into thinking you will not get caught...

Sorry This is how I feel.

I've sailed on 10 cruises with my 2 kids and not brought any water on board for any of them. They drank plenty of water on board and it didn't cost me a dime as it was free at all the restaurants (MDR and Lido buffet). If we wanted some water at port we usually found some for around a dollar a bottle, usually not far from exiting the ship.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I guess water bottles are a slow down for them to inspect for booze and they sell soda on he ship. Anyone think they'd have any problems w a few Gatorade bottles in checked luggage? I like to take some in case anyone gets sick. I suppose no big loss if tossed.

A way to be sure you've got access to the Gatorade would be to buy the powder and mix it with water as needed. I've seen it sold in the grocery store near the premade bottles of Gatorade; you could probably also get it on-line.

@ Trellaine -- I didn't noticed anyone with Acqua Panna on the Gem at all last week. We ordered a bottle of sparking water with dinner one night, and it was Pellegrino. We pre-ordered the Aquafina, and didn't need to look for more still bottled water.

Edited by jm485

I've sailed on 10 cruises with my 2 kids and not brought any water on board for any of them. They drank plenty of water on board and it didn't cost me a dime as it was free at all the restaurants (MDR and Lido buffet). If we wanted some water at port we usually found some for around a dollar a bottle, usually not far from exiting the ship.

Thank you for your input...I do feel better

I am hoping it is also available on the Escape. It is a much better tasting water than that awful Aquafina ! And before some go on and on that water is water. IT IS NOT! I drink nothing but water. I do not drink pop ! If you are a real water buff they ALL have a distinct different taste to them. That would be like saying all red wines taste alike !!

You can purchase the water at a discount prior to the cruise ... seee https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

Note that the pricing does not include an extra 18% for the service charge.

These are 1 liter Aquafina bottles, which retail for $1.99 at my local supermarket. A 12-pack of Aquafina 1 liter bottles will cost you $47.14 if you purchase before you board. From my local supermarket, it would cost half that, $24. Others have noted they can buy other brands or unbranded water at much less, and that other cruise lines charge much less.

They carry the most expensive water in the most expensive size; they could easily have 1/2 liter (500ml or 16.9 ounces) of Aquafina at half that cost and have a larger gross margin percentage, so I'm not sure why they do it this way.

But the person you are quoting wants Aqua Panna NOT Aquafina