NCL Water Bottle Size in Water Pkg?

PierceChristopher

I'm still wondering if they will let you back on the ship with the empty water bottle. They should, but then ....

They let you back on the ship with a full water bottle. They don't care when you return from port.

do you mean you can bring any food/drink back on board?

Whether reality is different than policy..... these are the beverage \ food policies and enforced at NCL's discretion

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

In the NCL Dailies there is a notice under Going Ashore that states:

"As per local laws, no food or dairy products are allowed off or on the vessel in our ports of call"

They let you back on the ship with a full water bottle. They don't care when you return from port.

Really?? That isn't what the July 16 new rules say and some folks have posted they couldn't bring water aboard from a port day.

I go up to the cafe, fill two glasses with water and put it in my insulated container with some ice already provided. I am sure NCL will find a way to stop that if they can. I have a beverage package but bottled water is not included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't remember the size of the water bottle but if you weren't on a package it was 3$ for a small bottle, or a few dollars more for the premium avian water. Not knowing the costs of things in Europe, we opted for the plan that included the water, now knowing you can get a bottle on land for a euro, I don't think I would do it again.

That was on Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really?? That isn't what the July 16 new rules say and some folks have posted they couldn't bring water aboard from a port day.

Royal Caribbean do not let you back on board with any water bottles, but they have water available for you as you re board the ship from port stops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recently returned from a Bermuda cruise in the Breakaway. On our first port day I purchased two bottles of water from NCL as we were exiting the ship. Upon our return to the ship several hours later we had only consumed one bottle. Security informed us that we could not bring the full bottle back into the ship in spite of the fact I had bought the bottle from NCL prior to getting off.

When I explained this to security I was told that the same rules apply as they do when you initially board the ship and go through security prior to your cruise.

Like other ship rules, u don't know if security consistently enforces this but we were forced to surrender a full unopened bottle of water that we bought from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jfkny

When I explained this to security I was told that the same rules apply as they do when you initially board the ship and go through security prior to your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in a way this would be good news. it means you can bring any yummy goodies on the ship you get in bermuda then :)

no clue if such things exist but i like to be prepared if i find something i like and want to hoard some.

We recently returned from a Bermuda cruise in the Breakaway. On our first port day I purchased two bottles of water from NCL as we were exiting the ship. Upon our return to the ship several hours later we had only consumed one bottle. Security informed us that we could not bring the full bottle back into the ship in spite of the fact I had bought the bottle from NCL prior to getting off.

Like other ship rules, u don't know if security consistently enforces this but we were forced to surrender a full unopened bottle of water that we bought from them.

This is what I was afraid of; it is how the policy is written so enforcing it this way is not really "over reaching" on the part of that particular security person. It's probably best to buy bottled water on shore in the port than buy NCL's water.

Did you see or talk to anyone with something like a Brita water bottle they brought with them? I'm hoping there's an exception for "used but empty" sports water bottles like that when re-boarding.

This is what I was afraid of; it is how the policy is written so enforcing it this way is not really "over reaching" on the part of that particular security person. It's probably best to buy bottled water on shore in the port than buy NCL's water.

Did you see or talk to anyone with something like a Brita water bottle they brought with them? I'm hoping there's an exception for "used but empty" sports water bottles like that when re-boarding.

We went to Bermuda in Aug of this year on the Dawn and I had a water bottle (empty) that I had no problem with coming back on the ship.

I think it terrible that you can't bring your own water ( or pop)on the ship and then they gouge you with the terrible price of water.... My family is going in Jan. One has 3 kids and the other 2...Can you imagine how much this is going to cost them... NCL wake up and change the policy back to were it was...Don't we pay you enough for the cruise???

And travelers who empty the water and fill it with booze...This is all your fault because you get a thrill into thinking you will not get caught...

Sorry This is how I feel.

I think it terrible that you can't bring your own water ( or pop)on the ship and then they gouge you with the terrible price of water.... My family is going in Jan. One has 3 kids and the other 2...Can you imagine how much this is going to cost them... NCL wake up and change the policy back to were it was...Don't we pay you enough for the cruise???

And travelers who empty the water and fill it with booze...This is all your fault because you get a thrill into thinking you will not get caught...

Sorry This is how I feel.

There is free lemonade in the buffet, I think the children will survive. :D

I think it terrible that you can't bring your own water ( or pop)on the ship and then they gouge you with the terrible price of water.... My family is going in Jan. One has 3 kids and the other 2...Can you imagine how much this is going to cost them...

Why should it cost anything? Lemonade and flavored water are FREE in the buffet. So is water. Ask for regular water at meals. It is free.

I guess water bottles are a slow down for them to inspect for booze and they sell soda on he ship. Anyone think they'd have any problems w a few Gatorade bottles in checked luggage? I like to take some in case anyone gets sick. I suppose no big loss if tossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess water bottles are a slow down for them to inspect for booze and they sell soda on he ship. Anyone think they'd have any problems w a few Gatorade bottles in checked luggage? I like to take some in case anyone gets sick. I suppose no big loss if tossed.

The official policy is that you cannot bring it on board. What they do with it is another matter, as is the level of enforcement (will they catch it or not?)

If it is like alcohol, they will keep it, summon you to the "naughty room" to sign for it, and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not trying to be snarky but the policy clearly says "any beverages"....... so, I think they'd have a problem.

Bring the powdered Gatorade and its not an issue

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

There is free lemonade in the buffet, I think the children will survive. :D

Yes I think they will survive....I just think it is outrageous however that they charge such a hefty price for water....they will make a ton of money... say they sell if for 1.25/ bottle anyway. They buy water by the truck load at pennies per case. Enough said by me...sorry for the rant.

I have a water question :) I emailed NCL and they told me Aqua Penna was available?

They didn't say where I would purchase this onboard.

I will be on the Jewel.

Any idea where I would purchase Aqua Penna on the Jewel?

Do you mean Aquafina?? That is the brand being sold aboard ship.

I've never heard of Aqua Penna, and I even googled it.