NCL Water Bottle Size in Water Pkg?

PierceChristopher

Hi everyone,

Given we can't bring on water bottles anymore on Norwegian, and need to buy a water bottle package, does anyone know what the size is of the water bottle they give in the package? The cheapest package (per bottle) is the 24-pack, but that's still $3 a bottle. I hope at that price they'll larger bottles.

Thanks!

You'd lose that bet!

No, he would win that bet. On the Pride, the 24 bottle case is 500 milliliter bottles. What really gets me about the water cost is they add 18% more for a tip. It isn't like they are bringing you a fresh out of the 'fridge cold bottle, one at a time. They bring it to your cabin, drop it off and score an $8 tip. At least Carnival doesn't gouge you, nearly this much on their bottled water. I think enough people will start bringing large insulated cups that NCL will start charging for ships water or outlaw cups being brought on board. Of course they will "sell" you a cup on board for $45. That is for a cup you can buy at Sears for $5.

Aquafina bottles is usually the 1 liter or 33.8 oz. as a package. Smaller bottles available onboard, usually bars & lounges are 1.25 pt. or smaller at 20 oz. - easily to walk around with. On port days, the bigger ones are sold near the gangway for those going ashore ... you will need an oversized, insulated bottle carrier to "lug" in around to keep it cool (not even sure if my LL Bean one will fit)

As for current prices, no comment. It's "for your convenience."

Pix of the smaller Aquafina:

b6a338df7d5f17c5afa522a8b36ca2ae.jpg

P.S. Local stores in ports are happy to sell ice cold beverages, including soda & water in cans or bottles - no 18% supplement (delivery or convenience charge as they called it nowadays) ... perhaps just sales tax & a "deposit" for the bottle as per local regulations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X on 7.0 Nougat using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

You forgot that the 18% isn't listed in the price ($60) because it's added at checkout...... so, same price as what you paid

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Ahh yes, for got about the $11 tip to deliver it. I'd feel so much better if I could hand it to the person delivering it and exchange mutual gratitude lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No' date=' he would win that bet. On the Pride, the 24 bottle case is 500 milliliter bottles. [/quote']

Does NCL have a new ship named the "Pride"?

On NCL, the bottled water gift packages are 1 liter bottles of Aquafina that retail in my local supermarket for $1.99. It's the most expensive mass market bottled water that they could find, so naturally their price is sky high on it when they do their normal mark up.

Does NCL have a new ship named the "Pride"?

On NCL, the bottled water gift packages are 1 liter bottles of Aquafina that retail in my local supermarket for $1.99. It's the most expensive mass market bottled water that they could find, so naturally their price is sky high on it when they do their normal mark up.

Pride of America (PoA)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

on that page it doesnt say how far in advance they need notice to order before you board. definitely want to get the discount

On your NCL page you will see a message that tells you the last day that you can pre-orde. I think it is 3 or 4 days ahead.

Check under the Explore and Plan.

Pride of America (PoA)

Ah, I always call it POA so I missed that. They do have a water package for 24 bottles of 500ml at $44.95 for the POA only at https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages Add 18% to that cost so it's $53.04 or $2.21 per bottle.

Actually I would take that deal; the 16.9 ounce size is convenient and I would buy that on a cruise. Hope they extend that to all the ships. 1 liter is too big to lug around with you, even if it is cheaper per ounce.