Island Princess Mini Suite

chandlernicholas

well it is not a 'wraparound" if that is what you are meaning.

I just booked for next Sept on the Island, and we ended up taking a mini suite on the Dolphin deck because the cabins are open - there is no cover over them from the balcony above. All of the mini suites appear to be the same on balcony size regardless of the placement.

I had tried to find all of this out before booking as well, but I had no luck. I ended up going on WebShots and looked at pictures others had taken - it helped.

WE HAVE BOOKED THE C727 CAT AB MINI SUITE, WAS THIS A GOOD CHOICE AND WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THE BACLONY SIZE WILL IT BE BIGGER BEING AT THE BACKEND (lastroom) ON THE CARIBE DECK. THANKS.

We had C727 last Feb to Hawaii and it was the roughest ride we have had in 17 cruises.We were bouncing out of the bed coming from Hawaii to Mexico.There is also no privacy on the balcony.Just my experience, but I wouldn't take this cabin again.

And don't forget the slamming doors. When it gets windy, the doors to the back deck have a tendancy to SLAM shut. I would consider moving up to C705 or even the C2XX rooms toward the front of the ship.

We just got off of the Island a couple of weeks ago, and had a mini-suite on Dolphin. The room was great, but the balcony was uncovered and everyone from the Deck 15 through deck 10 had a good view of your balcony.

Here is a photo that I took of the Coral aft (same ship.) It should be the third balcony from the bottom.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=49919359705.522793249205.1130865198176&photoid=322793249205&view=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfolderid=2005

We were in Dolphin 714. I haven't mentioned it yet, but we have never been in such a bumpy location on a ship ever! We have been in the aft a few times on other ships and didn't have a problem. The Coral vibrated off and on all week, and then during the high waves, we swayed and bumped to beat the band. One night, I thought the ship was turning over. :eek: No sleep that night as I would bounce UP and then BACK down into my bed...no kidding.

Hello Iamthesea,

So you had a bumpy ride too huh. Was it just high waves because of the hurricane or do you think it is always like that in the location? We have had cabins in about the same space....different ships and never really noticed much movement at all.

I'll be fine with it, actually I think it's a kick but my sister sure won't be. She has to wear a patch and it is still iffy.

Goodnight, Denise

The vibration was constant even when the seas were calm. I had the feeling that the Coral was having trouble with her ...what ever they are called because a few times the first couple of days, the Captain would announce that we were stopping the ship to test the thrusters?? We couldn't sleep the first night of the cruise because of the vibration. Normally, a little vibe doesn't bother us. The movement bothered my DH more than it did me. It got better, then became bad again and then the next to last night was because of the hurricane. I remember reading on here about passengers complaining and thought to myself, "It can't be that bad." :rolleyes:

We are booked on the Island Princess sailing on Feb. 20. We are in cabin C727. After reading this thread, I called my TA to change to another Mini-suite but they are all sold out!!! I can't change!! Someone please tell me that this cabin is not that bad!! This is our 15th Aniversary and I wanted everything to be perfect. Is it really all that bad?!?!?

Hi, this is what you do. :cool:

Final payment will not be for a couple of more months for you (December 20?) As you get closer to that date, find a web site that will tell you what cabins are available for your sailing. Check it twice a day. As the final payment date gets closer, there will be cancellations. As soon as you see another mini come up, do a little research to make sure that the location is what you want, and then call your TA to switch it. If she refuses, then switch TA's next time you book.

I have also gone directly to the cruise lines web site and put a hold on a stateroom and then had my TA pick it up.

I just checked for you and your TA is correct. The only mini-suite that is available is the AF - without balcony, but a larger room. I use Cruises N More or Icruise to check prices, then I book with my TA.

My FIL sailed on the Island Princes in Cabin C720 and loved it. Really loved having the back deck of the ship as their own "personal" deck because no one really goes back there unless you are in those particular cabins. I think you will be very satisified with your cabin choice.

I personally liked our location. You have less movement than higher up. I did not notice much noise. It was very handy to get to the dining rooms, promenade deck for all the entertainment, and getting on and off the ship at the ports. To each his own, I suppose. Good luck, Peg

we're staying on the Dolphin deck in D719 in April 2006...after reading these posts I'm now wondering if we're going to feel alot of movement...My TA told us that we'd be ok and we're so high up that we won't feel much of anything.. I guess I better bring some pills to take just in case!!

Archived