Upsold !!!

littlemeagain

I'm so excited! We are going on the NCL Jewel in 14 days and I called the upsell department yesterday and no offers were available. I tried today and they had 2 offers! I took the suite instead of the haven 2 bedroom! I'm not telling my bf until we arrive at the pier!

I'm so excited! We are going on the NCL Jewel in 14 days and I called the upsell department yesterday and no offers were available. I tried today and they had 2 offers! I took the suite instead of the haven 2 bedroom! I'm not telling my bf until we arrive at the pier!

Congratulations!! That is so cool!! I surprised my husband with an upsell to the deluxe owners suite in May!!

Do you mind telling me what they offered you price-wise? I'm on the same cruise and called last Friday. I was told nothing was available and no suites were showing as available on their site. Thanks!

Jim

I am on the 12 night Pacific NW and Mexican Riviera. They had a suite for $750pp and Haven 2 BR for $1000pp. There are only 2 of us so I took the suite! I don't mind not having the haven courtyard. I think I got an awesome deal!

Nice! Just got off the phone with them. I just snagged a Haven 2 BR for $400/pp for two of us. Didn't really need it, but I figured for $100/night per person it was worth the price. We're on the 5 night Coastal from Vancouver. In case anyone is interested, there is still at least one 2 BR left and one Owner's Suite left.

Jim

Why don't you let him wait until he walks into the room? That surprise would be so great! You could even send him to the bathroom right before checking in at the pier so that you could tell the agent to keep it secret!:D

nice! Just got off the phone with them. I just snagged a haven 2 br for $400/pp for two of us. Didn't really need it, but i figured for $100/night per person it was worth the price. We're on the 5 night coastal from vancouver. In case anyone is interested, there is still at least one 2 br left and one owner's suite left.

Jim

fabulous

Nice! Just got off the phone with them. I just snagged a Haven 2 BR for $400/pp for two of us. Didn't really need it, but I figured for $100/night per person it was worth the price. We're on the 5 night Coastal from Vancouver. In case anyone is interested, there is still at least one 2 BR left and one Owner's Suite left.

Jim

Hmmm I didn't know there was such a thing to call "upsell"? I am on a coastal cruise as well Sept 27.

What would be an upgrade to mid ship balcony stateroom? I will be on The Jewel. Sorry never been on a cruise before.

Hmmm I didn't know there was such a thing to call "upsell"? I am on a coastal cruise as well Sept 27.

What would be an upgrade to mid ship balcony stateroom? I will be on The Jewel. Sorry never been on a cruise before.

Just call the upsell number. They'll ask for your reservation number and let you know what is available and what the cost would be to upgrade. The number is 800 625 4309.

I'm on the same cruise as you. We're within 2 weeks of sailing, so if there are cabins available now's a good time to call.

Jim

Edited by JimS4210

Thanks! I am assuming thats a specific number? I just called the main line and the rep stated since I booked through a travel agent there isn't anything she can do.

And that I need to go through the TA.

Would this situation be different? All new to this.

She also said there really isnt much difference between the mid ship balcony and the mid ship mini suite.

Maybe im getting too greedy lol. And should stick to my booking.

Jim

Hey Jim...congrats!

Can you tell me what type of cabin you upsold from? Also, did you make a counter offer or was $400pp their offer?

Hey Jim...congrats!

Can you tell me what type of cabin you upsold from? Also, did you make a counter offer or was $400pp their offer?

I had a nice cabin. Aft balcony 9174. Their original offer was $500/pp. I said "Would you accept $400/pp?". I was put on hold for a minute or two. I guess she had to ask a supervisor. She came back and said "That's fine."

So unless it's gone already, there's an aft balcony on the Jewel for 9/27!

Jim

Thanks! I am assuming thats a specific number? I just called the main line and the rep stated since I booked through a travel agent there isn't anything she can do.

And that I need to go through the TA.

Would this situation be different? All new to this.

She also said there really isnt much difference between the mid ship balcony and the mid ship mini suite.

Maybe im getting too greedy lol. And should stick to my booking.

That is a specific number for the upset dept. Don't call NCL's main number.

Not sure, but I think you can still request an upsell even if you used a TA. We never use one so I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure I read on here that you can still do it. I'd make the call. What have you got to lose? Good luck!

Jim

I had a nice cabin. Aft balcony 9174. Their original offer was $500/pp. I said "Would you accept $400/pp?". I was put on hold for a minute or two. I guess she had to ask a supervisor. She came back and said "That's fine."

So unless it's gone already, there's an aft balcony on the Jewel for 9/27!

Jim

Great...thanks for the info! Enjoy the Haven :)

Why don't you let him wait until he walks into the room? That surprise would be so great! You could even send him to the bathroom right before checking in at the pier so that you could tell the agent to keep it secret!:D

That's exactly what I did on MSC Divina last summer. I knew it was a hit when I heard my husband say, "Wow," repeatedly as he walked into our two-room Sophia Loren Suite.

That is a specific number for the upset dept. Don't call NCL's main number.

Not sure, but I think you can still request an upsell even if you used a TA. We never use one so I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure I read on here that you can still do it. I'd make the call. What have you got to lose? Good luck!

Jim

I spoke to the upsell fairy today. You can call them directly, even if you have a TA.

:)

Just call the upsell number. They'll ask for your reservation number and let you know what is available and what the cost would be to upgrade. The number is 800 625 4309.

I'm on the same cruise as you. We're within 2 weeks of sailing, so if there are cabins available now's a good time to call.

Jim

Thanks for the #!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please please please for others reading this thread - do not call until 2 weeks before your cruise. If you call too frequently or far in advance NCL will shut down the line (as they have before).

Why 2 weeks? I thought people are getting offers before that. No?

Congratulations!