Tipping on Beverage Package?

pdilme92

I have struggled with this issue. I have not generally tipped above the 18% included in the package. I have also had trouble getting additional drinks if I don't tip extra on the first receipt. I have seen others tip a $1.00 extra in cash and been served more regularly by waiters and also given priority while standing at the bars. As someone else said, "Cash is king". I get that but, it does bother me a bit. I have the same problem in the specialty restaurants. To be honest, I feel the staff expect an additional amount. I asked about it once and the staff member said, "Well yes if you feel you received exceptional service". I was thinking but, I did tip. What to do? What to do? :confused: Sometimes I miss the old days before the packages when every 5 minutes a waiter was asking if you wanted another drink :p.

I feel the same way. If it says "tip" included, than we should not be getting a paper to sign. If you want to add more, just leave it on the table. It just makes things feel awkward. I also dislike getting a bar receipt. In the MDR, you just hand a waiter on last day, extra money, so it should be no different in any specialty restaurant.

I usually tip $1 extra per drink on the beverage package. I don't care if it makes it 40% or whatever, counting percentages so closely is what cheap people do. It's $1, who cares? If I spend an extra $50 - $75 during my cruise bringing smiles to those providing such an outstanding experience, I think it's great, it makes me feel good, too. I learned long ago to ALWAYS accept a gift, because it makes the person giving it to you happy - that's why gifts exist! Some people are happy to give to others, some could care less about others. Just a different outlook, I guess.

Nobody is going to hate on you for not tipping extra. But if you feel the person serving you is truly exceptional, have at it. You are obviously asking for a reason.

• Like 1

I Don't look at them as being in the same "class" of tips as other areas, because the drinks in that lounge is separate for everything else so they are tipped appropriately.

Just what i said $1 per drink, then at the end of the week extra cash to concierge and waiting staff.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app