Return Taxi Fare from Galveston to Space Centre Houston

clarky213

I don't know a lot about transportation from Gavleston and am learning myself, but probably best to rent a car. Transportation is expensive between the airports and cruiseport and I don't believe it to be any better unless you stay near the airport or Downtown and book a tour to the Space Center that would include transportation.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into shuttles between IAH and Galveston and decided renting a car for the week, having it available to tour NASA and getting back to the airport was our best option, despite the fact we wouldn't really be driving it for 7 days. We have reservations at the EZ Parking Lot for our July 2017 cruise. Only thing left to do is book our NASA tour when the dates open.

Not sure of fair but ask this guy. He is great.

Just got in to Galveston for our Carnival Freedom cruise. Found a local taxi driver recommendation here on Cruise Critic. Contacted him before arrival and gave us great info about the Island. When we needed a ride, I called him and we were his next customer. When we wanted to get back to our hotel, called him and we were his next customer. PLEASE give him your business when on the Island. Who is he? Galvestonn Taxi Kent. His number: 409. 497. 5117.

I'll be using him to get us to the port as well. Can't give you any stronger recommendation than this.

We also used Galveston Limo to get from IAH to our Galveston hotel. No problems with that either. I used their Online special of $25 per person, each way.