Second City on Breakaway?

Hoosier1439

Second City is hit or miss. It really depends on the cast.

On my Gem cruise a couple years ago the cast was excellent all around each and every show. I even went to Chicago recently (SC base) and saw that ac couple of them were starring in the mainstage shows there. The cruise ships casts are generally for newly hired Second City comedians, so this means for all intents and purposes that they were promoted. However, on another cruise on the Breakaway the cast was uniformly terrible (except for one woman). I could barely last half way through one of the shows.

Second City used to be good years ago. We saw them on the Gem or the Dawn...can't remember which back in 2011 I think. They weren't awesome but they were good. Also, I don't get why they don't show the movies out at H2O ...where they have a giant screen and lots of room as compared to the atrium. Is there a deck party out there every night? Maybe that's why!

On my recent Breakaway cruise, none of the movies were recent ones. It seems to me that NCL doesn't put a lot of money into their movies. I'm not sure how many folks would show up to H2O at 10pm to see "The Rookie" from 2002.