For those recently off Escape3

karinski

Hi!! I was wondering if anyone had any mosquito issues while in port waiting for sail away.

Just curious.

Thank you!!

Living here in Miami I can tell you mosquitoes usually come out, very early in the morning, or at dusk, and always in shady places. For some reason they do not like, or can't bear direct sunlight. Another safe time is windy conditions, they just get blown away. Having said that, I estimate that if we board in the middle of the day, we will be reasonably safe.(from mosquitoes, I would worry more about pick pockets, etc. LOL)

I can tell you that Miami and Miami Beach have been fighting them aggressively. So much so that he locals are beginning to complaint about the products they are using to kill them. They spray every morning and evening. It's getting bothersome.

I would only stay away if you are pregnant, or thinking about getting pregnant. I would not take the risk. Otherwise should be ok.

Cheers.

Living here in Miami I can tell you mosquitoes usually come out, very early in the morning, or at dusk, and always in shady places. For some reason they do not like, or can't bear direct sunlight. Another safe time is windy conditions, they just get blown away. Having said that, I estimate that if we board in the middle of the day, we will be reasonably safe.(from mosquitoes, I would worry more about pick pockets, etc. LOL)

I can tell you that Miami and Miami Beach have been fighting them aggressively. So much so that he locals are beginning to complaint about the products they are using to kill them. They spray every morning and evening. It's getting bothersome.

I would only stay away if you are pregnant, or thinking about getting pregnant. I would not take the risk. Otherwise should be ok.

Cheers.

I found it!! Thank you for the info. I only wondered because we weren't leaving until 7. I thought that is when they might make an appearance. Not pregnant and never will be again, so no worries. I have some great deet free repellant that is made with lemon and eucalyptus. Good to go!! Can hardly wait to hop on that plane!!

Embarkation Day Notice from NCL

Zika.jpg

I didn't see any statement that said they were giving the insect repellent out at Guest Services but only that they recommended wearing it! What am I missing????

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

After the bullets, "To ensure the most pleasant vacation experience, we suggest you follow the above recommendations when going ashore and pass by guest services for a complimentary EPA-registered insect repellent; please read the product label instructions before applying.